Eli Manning

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Here's the question: If the Giants go to the Superbowl and win, can Eli be considered better than Peyton? Discuss.

Sent from my Windows7 Phone using Board Express

anon(5329672)

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Here's the question: If the Giants go to the Superbowl and win, can Eli be considered better than Peyton? Discuss.

HECK NO!!! By that logic u've already put big Ben at a higher lvl for having two Superbowl ring and Peyton in a one ring category with TRENT DILFER. COME ON MAN!!! Greatness isn't counted by the rings its how they played. Peyton is way better. Literally one of the GOAT.

Nothing against Eli tho. He doing his thing. But he ain't no Peyton.

Sent from my Focus via Board Express

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I still think Peyton is the better of the two. he is much more consistent and just look at how bad the colts were without him and how much better he makes them. ELI is good but is all over the boards with his consistency and I would much rather put the ball in Peyton's hands down late in the 4th qtr.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I agree that the number of rings aren't an indication of the players greatness, especially in a team game like football. I think Peyton is better than Eli too. I think Peyton and Dan Marino are very similar in that their teams are built built around them at the expense of having a a complete team.

Sent from my Windows7 Phone using Board Express

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Well... here are some categories and after that, how some factors help Peyton out, whether he is really the better brother or not.

Arm Strength - Eli
Accuracy - Peyton (but after this year, with all the game winning drives, it's a tight race)
Leadership - Peyton (he's older, so it's a given)
Football IQ - Peyton (but once again, this season is making this section a tight one)
Escapability - Eli
Clutch a.k.a. Grit - People will argue this, but Eli! Game winning drives... he has been relentless and has the "never give up" attitude.

Here are other factors which make comparing them difficult...

Peyton has to throw, no running game. Eli has to run it because Coughlin is a ground and pound kind of dude.

Peyton plays in a climate controlled environment... no extra wind (or mother nature) to contend with. Eli has more chances of losing control of the ball because of those conditions.

The Texans just became relevant... Before that, who was Peyton really going against? Eli is in the hardest division.

Eli's receivers haven't been consistent... and when I say consistent, I mean in keeping healthy and with 3 different tight ends since he's been in NY (8 years?). Peyton has Dallas Clark and for the most part, healthy receivers.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Well... here are some categories and after that, how some factors help Peyton out, whether he is really the better brother or not.

Arm Strength - Eli
Accuracy - Peyton (but after this year, with all the game winning drives, it's a tight race)
Leadership - Peyton (he's older, so it's a given)
Football IQ - Peyton (but once again, this season is making this section a tight one)
Escapability - Eli
Clutch a.k.a. Grit - People will argue this, but Eli! Game winning drives... he has been relentless and has the "never give up" attitude.

Here are other factors which make comparing them difficult...

Peyton has to throw, no running game. Eli has to run it because Coughlin is a ground and pound kind of dude.

Peyton plays in a climate controlled environment... no extra wind (or mother nature) to contend with. Eli has more chances of losing control of the ball because of those conditions.

The Texans just became relevant... Before that, who was Peyton really going against? Eli is in the hardest division.

Eli's receivers haven't been consistent... and when I say consistent, I mean in keeping healthy and with 3 different tight ends since he's been in NY (8 years?). Peyton has Dallas Clark and for the most part, healthy receivers.

I'm going with Eli. Two rings and a great performance tonight. Congrats to the Giants.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb