It's Official - Google Is Evil Now

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps I'm a cynic, but I've always figured Google's computers had put all my info together, targeted advertising can't work without it.
what makes you folks think MS or any other American company does things any different? Bing makes money exactly the same way Google does. So does Yahoo, so does Apple, and on and on. The rest just never had a pompous 'do no evil' motto.
And if your worried about Google, stay the heck away from Facebook.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Seriously? Microsoft provides all their services out of the goodness of their heart, with no intent to show us adds, or sell us services? I never knew they were so charitable!
The nice thing is, if you don't like Google, or Microsoft, or Apple, or Facebook, etc, you have other choices. The real beauty of the internet.

I pay for Microsoft services. As for ads, no one out there is so hellbent on privacy invasion compared to Google. They've taken, what was the norm, to a whole new level. I never really had a problem with the search engine tailoring searches to me (as it makes sense), but for them to take over Youtube, then push Google + in our faces, Google + searches pushed up the rankings, and now use ALL of these tools to further their advertising campaign - ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

The only Google service I use it Youtube, and I can say that I am consciously looking for an alternative.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps I'm a cynic, but I've always figured Google's computers had put all my info together, targeted advertising can't work without it.
what makes you folks think MS or any other American company does things any different? Bing makes money exactly the same way Google does. So does Yahoo, so does Apple, and on and on. The rest just never had a pompous 'do no evil' motto.
And if your worried about Google, stay the heck away from Facebook.

Because Microsoft isn't scanning me across multiple services without my permission. I can use Hotmail knowing what I type is private and won't show up as an ad the next time I use Bing or MSN.

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Big Supes, no argument from me, I'd rather not be tracked by anyone.
Dash, I mentioned earlier that hotmail isn't data mined, to MS's credit. Not being tracked across services probably needs a 'yet', if Google gets away with it MS probably will want to as well.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Wait! I have to have a GMail account to log in to YouTube? I setup a YouTube account about a year ago, but Google just asked me to setup a use name an password. Have only logged in a few times, and not in a couple months. So has something changed? I avoid Google like the plague, so this "would" be a dealbreaker for me. None of their services are free. You pay by giving up your privacy, and fill their coffers, every day. Some people don't mind that. Fair enough. I do.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Oh it's awful. They keep pestering to get a Google Plus profile.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Youtube requiring a Gmail account to login really ticked me off. I didn't want to associate my main email with my Youtube account so I made a new one for Youtube and I never check it. And the deal where if you login to Gmail it logs you into Youtube automatically with the same username. Though I think I sort of fixed that by turning on multiple logins. I wish I could avoid using Google's services but it's too hard.

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I have said it before Google and Apple are the new bad boys in town. It is almost like they learned nothing from Microsofts experience. the arrogance at times is astounding.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Youtube requiring a Gmail account to login really ticked me off. I didn't want to associate my main email with my Youtube account so I made a new one for Youtube and I never check it. And the deal where if you login to Gmail it logs you into Youtube automatically with the same username. Though I think I sort of fixed that by turning on multiple logins. I wish I could avoid using Google's services but it's too hard.

ihave a youtube account with the SAME live.ca account i use on my XBL account.

and with my Live.ca account im currently sharing filles on: google notes ; with my buddy,

i dont think u need a G-mail....... on my WP i can asses all google stuff with my Live.ca account .. lol

L

lumic

I know Google scans your gmail for keywords to target ads and hotmail doesn't. (There's a funny MS spoof of this on Youtube). I don't know the difference in data collection practices between Google search and Bing search.
Does Bing track users who are not logged in through a cookie? That's a big one for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium