Is it weird that I'm turned on by computer parts?

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes. Yes, I think it is.

But damn, this motherboard is sexy.

8pGbo.png

I am so building a new computer when I get my tax refund.

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
That is a lovely looking thing, it reminds me of the electronic smell when first opening the anti-static packaging. I was over the moon with my XFX board, the colours were awesome. Then again, I've chucked my rig for an Apple Mac Mini, which is equally good looking in my eyes. Ah, if only computers could cook meals, do my washing, tuck me into bed at night...

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
That is a lovely looking thing, it reminds me of the electronic smell when first opening the anti-static packaging. I was over the moon with my XFX board, the colours were awesome. Then again, I've chucked my rig for an Apple Mac Mini, which is equally good looking in my eyes. Ah, if only computers could cook meals, do my washing, tuck me into bed at night...

Anti-static packaging is like love. I also love the packaging my asthma meds come in. And coffee. I'm a packaging dork. I routinely look at the bottom of cardboard boxes to see what weight the cardboard is.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site

Nice stuff!

I do some online gaming, but I haven't done a build in about 3 years. My last build was:

BioStar TpowerX58 LGA 1366
Intel i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz Quad-Core
12GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600
1TB Seagate hard drive
2-XFX Radeon 5770 Crossfire
Corsair 850w PS
Asus DRW-1608P3S & DRW-1814BL
dual boot, Win7 64bit, LinuxMint11 64 bit.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Anti-static packaging is like love. I also love the packaging my asthma meds come in. And coffee. I'm a packaging dork. I routinely look at the bottom of cardboard boxes to see what weight the cardboard is.

Are you one of those "aroused by unboxing" types? I'm waiting for an AOTS "WTF?" segment on it...

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Nice stuff!

I do some online gaming, but I haven't done a build in about 3 years. My last build was:

BioStar TpowerX58 LGA 1366
Intel i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz Quad-Core
12GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600
1TB Seagate hard drive
2-XFX Radeon 5770 Crossfire
Corsair 850w PS
Asus DRW-1608P3S & DRW-1814BL
dual boot, Win7 64bit, LinuxMint11 64 bit.

Definitely dual-booting. I'm a huge dorky fan of PCLOS though. Best hardware recognition I have ever encountered. Jolicloud was a close second but I hate the whole HTML5 direction they went in.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Definitely dual-booting. I'm a huge dorky fan of PCLOS though. Best hardware recognition I have ever encountered. Jolicloud was a close second but I hate the whole HTML5 direction they went in.

I've tried PCLinuxOS. I haven't heard of Jolicloud. I normally watch DistroWatch.com: Put the fun back into computing. Use Linux, BSD. and put a new distribution on my laptop about once a month. On my main box I normally stick with Ubuntu, LinuxMint, Fedora or SuSE.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I've tried PCLinuxOS. I haven't heard of Jolicloud. I normally watch DistroWatch.com: Put the fun back into computing. Use Linux, BSD. and put a new distribution on my laptop about once a month. On my main box I normally stick with Ubuntu, LinuxMint, Fedora or SuSE.

I actually kind of like the new Ubuntu, with the Unity menu, for as much **** as it gets. It always makes my colors look weird though, never figured that out.

Jolicloud is based on Ubuntu Netbook Remix, and it used to be amazing, but then they went with this whole HTML5 launcher thing and it got weird.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss