T-Mo SIM cards for just $2.99 + tax with free shipping

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
If you call T-Mobile on the phone, 877-453-1304, they'll sell you a SIM card for $2.99 + tax with free shipping. If you're thinking of moving to T-Mo without a contract, this seems to be a real good deal. They have their SIM cards available from their website for free, but it's only if you get a 2-yr contract. The $2.99 SIM card from the phone order doesn't require a contract. Unless I misheard the T-Mo rep at my local store, the stores charge about $25 for the SIM card.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
A few months back, there was a deal where the SIM was free and the shipping was free and it didn't require a two year contract. I got two. :p

I find it kind of stupid of them to require a two year contract just so they can give you a free SIM.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Well I think it's okay deal, but I think you can get them on Amazon or eBay for about the same price.

Really? I am so new to this GSM carrier stuff...if you didn't know already. I had no idea you could buy T-Mobile SIM cards from anywhere other than T-Mo. I learn something new every day!

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
So I could buy one of these sum cards, buy a t-mobile phone off eBay and I would be able to get a monthly plan?

Sent from my Windows7 Phone using Board Express

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
So I could buy one of these sum cards, buy a t-mobile phone off eBay and I would be able to get a monthly plan?

I know you can do that if you buy the SIM from T-Mo. But that link I gave to the Amazon item I am not sure about. It appears that SIM is just a replacement, though I don't understand why it wouldn't work anyway.

But yes, all you need is a new, never-activated SIM card and a GSM phone (unlocked or locked to T-Mo) off eBay and you can get a monthly plan on T-Mobile.

Probaholic1

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Yup, I just did this last week. And they got that deal where off contract 30 bux, for 100 minutes, unlimited text and web 4G upto 5 gigs.

Picked up a sim card for 2.99 plus tax came to 3.24 with said plan, and picked up the Radar 4G for 170. Can't afford sprint anymore even with discount

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I might have to reconsider. I went to the t mobile site and I can't get a plan that does what I need for cheap enough to justify switching from Verizon.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Yup, I just did this last week. And they got that deal where off contract 30 bux, for 100 minutes, unlimited text and web 4G upto 5 gigs.

Picked up a sim card for 2.99 plus tax came to 3.24 with said plan, and picked up the Radar 4G for 170. Can't afford sprint anymore even with discount

That's a really good deal. I just wish they had a plan with better amounts of minutes. Something like 800 minutes, 250 texts, and 2 GB for $50. That would be awesome. 100 minutes is just far too few for me. I am on Sprint now, and even with my 25% discount it's getting too expensive with all the taxes, fees, surcharges, regulatory costs, and the worst of all the total BS "$10 Premium Data addon charge" (essentially 4G access, which I can't use).

Gosh, a Radar at $170 is an amazing deal. Hmmm...

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

Yes, that's what I was looking at. The $60 plan is the most interesting to me. That and the $50 plan are closest to what I have with verizon. I have a family plan with 1400 minutes, unlimited messaging and data. I recently added a home-connect line which is $10 extra a month. Right now my bill in around $145 a month. I don't know how T-Mobile coverage is around me, so I don't know if switching over would be much benefit to me.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes, that's what I was looking at. The $60 plan is the most interesting to me. That and the $50 plan are closest to what I have with verizon. I have a family plan with 1400 minutes, unlimited messaging and data. I recently added a home-connect line which is $10 extra a month. Right now my bill in around $145 a month. I don't know how T-Mobile coverage is around me, so I don't know if switching over would be much benefit to me.

The great thing about the T-Mobile Monthly 4G plans is that what you see is what you pay. All the taxes and fees are already included in that $60 plan. Real nice.

Check your coverage: http://www.t-mobile.com/coverage.html

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
The do have a really nice family plan. Unlimited calling, texting and unlimited data with up to 2 gigs of high speed data for $49.99 a line for two lines. I'm going to look into their coverage. That plan would be pretty nice.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
The do have a really nice family plan. Unlimited calling, texting and unlimited data with up to 2 gigs of high speed data for $49.99 a line for two lines. I'm going to look into their coverage. That plan would be pretty nice.

Keep in mind that particular plan requires a 2-yr contract.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Keep in mind that particular plan requires a 2-yr contract.

Even with a two-year contract that's a pretty good plan. Unfortunately the coverage isn't that great. Voice coverage is moderate signal strength at home and work and data is 3G at work and 2G at home according to their map. There isn't any 4G available in my area. That's assuming the coverage map is accurate.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
The great thing about the T-Mobile Monthly 4G plans is that what you see is what you pay. All the taxes and fees are already included in that $60 plan. Real nice.

Check your coverage: Unsupported Browser

Oh, I forgot to mention, you can save on your refills by buying from a reseller! I use Calling Mart.

Calling Mart - T-Mobile Monthly Plan

For the Monthly 4G plans it's 1.5% off, but usually there's a coupon. Right now it's 5% off with the code "NY12-5" but it expires today.

The only thing with Calling Mart is the first time you buy from them, they may need to verify your information or something like that to prevent fraud. They'll call and ask a couple questions, then you're good to go.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I forgot to mention, you can save on your refills by buying from a reseller! I use Calling Mart.

Calling Mart - T-Mobile Monthly Plan

For the Monthly 4G plans it's 1.5% off, but usually there's a coupon. Right now it's 5% off with the code "NY12-5" but it expires today.

The only thing with Calling Mart is the first time you buy from them, they may need to verify your information or something like that to prevent fraud. They'll call and ask a couple questions, then you're good to go.

Neato. Are you on T-Mo? I thought the Monthly 4G plan customers were billed by T-Mo on a monthly basis. Do you have to reauthorize the line every month with a PIN?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077