Who's the best Quarterback?

To be honest, the best throwing arm I have ever seen in football over the years is Dan Marino. Phillip Rivers and Drew Brees are a close 2nd. Of course, neither Marino or Rivers have a Super Bowl ring.

The most intelligent quarterback, it's a tie between Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw and their Super Bowl wins prove it.

The best scrambling quarterback is without a doubt is Fran Tarkenton. He'd scramble for so long during a play, no one watching remembered where the line of scrimmage was. Tarkenton never won a Super Bowl.
    joemd60 likes this.
    02-06-2012 07:54 AM
    I think it's very hard to compare quarterbacks from different eras with all of the rules changes and the increasing athleticism of the players. I'm a huge fan of Drew Brees, but I think Dan Marino passing for 5,000 yards in a season is quite a bit more impressive than Brees breaking his record. I think it would be easier to list who is top five playing now than trying to compare over the years. I do think Joe Montana is the best of all time though.
    palandri likes this.
    02-06-2012 05:56 PM
    Alex Smith.... hahahahahahahahahaha I kid I kid! :lol:

But I do believe he has the potential to be a great QB. Just give him another year with Niners and add better weapons at the WR position.
    palandri likes this.
    02-06-2012 06:28 PM
    I have always been a fan of Joe Montana's, great quarterback.
    palandri likes this.
    02-06-2012 07:47 PM
    Joe Montana, then everyone else.

I'm a Steelers fan. B

Sent from my Galaxy S II
    palandri likes this.
    02-06-2012 07:53 PM
    Joe Montana. 49ers fan, here.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    palandri likes this.
    02-06-2012 08:26 PM
    Joe Montana. 49ers fan, here.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    He had such a coolness about him on critical plays.
    02-06-2012 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD