I'm currently on TMobile and really considering breaking my contract and going to AT&T for the Lumia. Is anyone else doing this?
    03-27-2012 10:40 AM
    If I have my way with Verizon, I'll be breaking away for the Lumia 900. If not, I'm going to try to sell things I don't need to get money for an ETF, then go to ATT lol. I like my current phone, but the android OS isn't efficient. It's good, but not great.
    03-27-2012 10:46 AM
    I've been with Sprint for 14 years. Since last December I have been investigating and researching WP. I am ready to leave them for AT&T, something I never thought possible. But things change and times change. I am ready for a new experience on the L900, coming from a feature phone.
    03-27-2012 12:29 PM
    Leaving a provider for a phone is not the wisest thing to do. Does AT&T have good coverage where you are? We left Verizon for AT&T, to get the iPhone 4, and the service was atrocious. We ended up eating the ETF and selling our iPhones to go back to Verizon, who has superior coverage here. IMHO, it's not worth it just for a device.
    03-27-2012 12:53 PM
    I'm currently on TMobile and really considering breaking my contract and going to AT&T for the Lumia. Is anyone else doing this?
    Do you currently have a WP7? Sad that there arent better options on Tmo (try tweeting @tmobile to let them know) and I also considered switching but the higher prices, smaller data allowance and atrocious update support has kept me with T-Mobile.

Re updates, both the Radar and HD7 are up to 8107, the 710 is likely going to get it as well. Generic Dell Venue Pro's also have it, leaving the Tmo locked ones. At&t just doesnt have that many advantages IMO.
    03-27-2012 01:18 PM
    I left Verizon for AT&T so I could get the latest in Windows Phones. Fortunately there's not much of a price difference between Verizon and AT&T ...which is another way of saying that they're both overpriced. T-Mo isn't bad in my area, and not for the fact that a) I'm under contract b) my girl travels a lot and needs good coverage, I'd gladly take my device and jump away from AT&T's death clutch. Plus, AT&T's resistance to releasing software updates is incredibly annoying.
    03-27-2012 01:54 PM
    Leaving a provider for a phone is not the wisest thing to do. Does AT&T have good coverage where you are? We left Verizon for AT&T, to get the iPhone 4, and the service was atrocious. We ended up eating the ETF and selling our iPhones to go back to Verizon, who has superior coverage here. IMHO, it's not worth it just for a device.
    How do you like your HTC trophy? I have the HTC rezound, but I want a WP7. You know verizon only has that ONE WP. I like using 4G LTE when I can, but how does verizon 3G hold up? My GF says she'd never go back to 3G, but I'm leaning towards the Trophy for Verizon's only windows phone experience.
    03-27-2012 02:13 PM
    Do you currently have a WP7?
    I got my HD7 day one. I was hoping since TMobile started strong with WP7 support, they would continue to do so. They have not. (Really? The Radar and Lumia 710? They're like the PEZ dispensers of WP. I really expect them to be filled with candy.)
    I was gung-ho for switching on the rumored March 18 release, but that didn't happen, and now I feel like I should just wait for the Apollo devices. If TMobile doesn't step up their game by then, I'm out.
    03-27-2012 03:00 PM
    How do you like your HTC trophy? I have the HTC rezound, but I want a WP7. You know verizon only has that ONE WP. I like using 4G LTE when I can, but how does verizon 3G hold up? My GF says she'd never go back to 3G, but I'm leaning towards the Trophy for Verizon's only windows phone experience.
    I am really happy with it so far. The battery life was lacking, so I purchased a Seidio extended thin battery which fits the original battery cover, and I am very happy with it. I am also happy using the Verizon 3G. I really like the operating system overall, and wish that it would catch on more. It's unfortunate that in a sea of iPhone's and Android's, this is the only choice we have. At least we have one though!
    03-27-2012 03:16 PM
    I am really happy with it so far. The battery life was lacking, so I purchased a Seidio extended thin battery which fits the original battery cover, and I am very happy with it. I am also happy using the Verizon 3G. I really like the operating system overall, and wish that it would catch on more. It's unfortunate that in a sea of iPhone's and Android's, this is the only choice we have. At least we have one though!
    I may go to the verizon store after work and play with it a little more and see what I can work out. I mean, a downgrade back to 3G and from a 4.3 screen....eeesh. But the experience might be the deciding factor. plus many places I go offer free wifi anyways.
    03-27-2012 03:31 PM
    I got the Trophy on day 1, so I'm still under contract. Basically, I'm hoping Verizon gets on board with Apollo, but if they don't by the time my contract is up, I think I might just switch to at&t. I do believe Verizon has more widespread coverage in general but I think at&t is fine where I live (DC). I would be giving up my unlimited data I'm grandfathered into, which I'd prefer not to do, but at this point I think I would switch if Verizon doesn't show better support for the platform.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express
    03-27-2012 03:32 PM
    Interesting. I live in North VA. Close to DC. I work in Arlington.
    03-27-2012 03:36 PM
    I got my HD7 day one. I was hoping since TMobile started strong with WP7 support, they would continue to do so. They have not. (Really? The Radar and Lumia 710? They're like the PEZ dispensers of WP. I really expect them to be filled with candy.)
    I was gung-ho for switching on the rumored March 18 release, but that didn't happen, and now I feel like I should just wait for the Apollo devices. If TMobile doesn't step up their game by then, I'm out.
    I just moved to a Radar from a DVP, you'd be surprised how nice it is (as I was, and I'm still not an HTC fan). Smaller screen size and storage than your HD7 but better screen quality, faster data, longer battery, better camera (got compliments this weekend on my trip, would never have happened with my Dell!), and FFC if you want that.

Maybe getting one from ebay/craigslist would be an idea and save your upgrade for Apollo devices. Tmo is bound to offer at least one and if the specs are as rumoured that will be a worthy upgrade from the HD7.
    03-27-2012 03:40 PM
    My findings are a bit skewed, as I have come from a background of BlackBerry phones. This is by far, the coolest phone I have ever owned. The screen, amazing. The speed of it, amazing. I don't have much to compare it to though.
    03-27-2012 04:12 PM
    I would NOT under any circumstance goto AT$T for a phone no matter how good it is. Their prices are too high yet offer soo little, their data speeds are slower than T-mobile and they don't deliver updates. T-mobile is currently in the process of refarmimg their H+ network to the PCS band which will allow for full compatibility of AT$T phones on T-mobile. Don't know why that hasn't been covered or reported on here yet.
    03-27-2012 06:16 PM
    Interesting. I live in North VA. Close to DC. I work in Arlington.
    Cool. I work in friendship heights. What carrier are you on? Verizon?

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express
    03-27-2012 06:27 PM
    Agree. i will stick with verizon and my unlimited data. Not to mention the better overall coverage that verizon provides in my area. No matter how awesome the phone is if the network sucks.
    03-27-2012 08:36 PM
    I would NOT under any circumstance goto AT$T for a phone no matter how good it is. Their prices are too high yet offer soo little, their data speeds are slower than T-mobile and they don't deliver updates. T-mobile is currently in the process of refarmimg their H+ network to the PCS band which will allow for full compatibility of AT$T phones on T-mobile. Don't know why that hasn't been covered or reported on here yet.
    AT&T is cheaper than Verizon at least, and if you're in an LTE area it sure as **** is faster than T-Mobile.
    03-27-2012 08:39 PM
    AT&T is cheaper than Verizon at least, and if you're in an LTE area it sure as **** is faster than T-Mobile.
    until T-mobile lights up their LTE network in most areas by mid next year. Without LTE T-mobile is king of speeds. Plus LTE is no fun at only the measly 2-3GB that you get with AT$T.
    03-27-2012 09:54 PM
    Agree. i will stick with verizon and my unlimited data. Not to mention the better overall coverage that verizon provides in my area. No matter how awesome the phone is if the network sucks.
    This is how I feel. Not to mention Verizon will be the first to get LTE in my area. I would consider T-Mobile, but their coverage isn't that great in my area.
    03-28-2012 08:05 AM
    I am definitely ditching Verizon for the 900. AT&T is similar in pricing, if not a little cheaper. And coverage is the same in my area. I was planning on going to T-Mobile, but their coverage is almost non-existant in my area. Except for 2g. I wasn't planning on switching because I wasn't too keen on losing my unlimited data, but I have never used anywhere near 2GB of data, so the 3GB I will get on AT&T will be more than enough. The only issue I am going to have with AT&T is when I travel to my parent's house in rural Missouri, but that is maybe once a year. So, it isn't worth it for me to be stuck on a trophy when there is no good reason for me to not switch. :-)
    03-29-2012 02:40 PM
    I had Verizon and ATT at the same time when my company was picking up one of the phones. I gave up on ATT because they had much less coverage than my Verizon phone (although there was one spot out Highway 1 in Ca. where ATT had better reception. But that was 1 out of 6...). I was REALLY tempted when I couldn't get a Verizon Pre3 but I didn't succomb. I played with an iPhone and an Android phone and didn't care for either. I am pretty happy with my Trophy - internet is fast, gps is fast, apps are adequate except I wish Barnes and Noble had support for my existing NOOK library. I am betting Verizon will expand their Windows Phone offerings but it may not be the 7.5 generation.
    03-30-2012 10:32 PM
    I would pick up a Trophy, from Verizon because being grandfathered in I'm not leaving Verizon. The fact that the Trophy is still a $400 device kills me, and even trying to buy a used one on ebay is still around $150-200. A device that's 2 years old, and practically first gen for $400 to me just isn't worth the price tag. People have said a lot of good things about the Trophy, and I understand that it is a good device but I think it would do Verizon some good to lower the price tag. Maybe people would be more interested in picking it up if it wasn't $400 still or maybe that's just me.

Love the Lumia 900, but I hate AT&T. We left AT&T for better service, and we haven't had to many problems (being on a family plan). If the phone came to Verizon, I'd pick it up in a heart beat. Saving my upgrade in June for the next big WP to come out on Verizon.
    03-30-2012 11:13 PM
    What's the timeframe for the refarm? All I can find is that they're going to do it, but no target dates of some sort.
    03-31-2012 02:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD