T-Mobile in Hawaii

GazooAz

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I am planning a trip to Hawaii and wanted to know if anybody know's if I can use my phone as usual there or if there is roaming charges for voice or data?

And yes I called T-Mobile and talked to some lady from India that wasent very helpful.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Only way to know for sure is to check the coverage maps for the zip code you are traveling to. If it's any shade of pink or magenta you're good,the darker the better. Tho I would think that the major population centers are covered, as for roaming its not a big deal you won't accrue any extra charges.

GazooAz

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I know but does tmo consider that a part of the normal service area or is it like Canada

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

nfbsk

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
No extra charges to use T-Mobile in Hawaii. In remote areas with weaker coverage, you may roam on AT&T, but I have never incurred extra charges in that scenario.

LindseyAshley

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info! I'm going there too pretty soon :)
I actually was thinking that it makes more sense to look for some local operator to avoid any misunderstandings and make sure I won't be charged with multi-digit bills later on, but if you guys say it's ok with AT&T i believe you :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss