Verizon 3G speeds

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I am curious if anyone else using verizon in the philly area has extremely slow 3G speeds. I mean, testing through BandWidth, I average 1-2 Mbps, but actually using my Trophy, it seems like everything takes a while to update. I would say it is the phone, but using my home wi-fi, everything works fine. It is kind of irrelevant because I am switching to AT&T in 2 weeks, but I am wondering for my own peace of mind.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I am from central Texas and I have never really noticed Verizon being slow. However, I have noticed that my phone will sometimes freak out and download things very slowly, despite having multiple 3G bars.

I just ran the test on BandWidth and got 1.3MB/s down, .5 MB/s up. During the download, it ran mostly below 1MB/s, but got multiple spikes of over 3MB/s.

I will say this, though. I honestly believe that the data connection speed on my Trophy are slower/less reliable than on my previous phone, the HTC Imagio. I think the Trophy just has a weak radio.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I have heard that about the radio before too. It would explain why wifi at home is fine. I sit like 5 feet away from the router. Lol.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I will say this, though. I honestly believe that the data connection speed on my Trophy are slower/less reliable than on my previous phone, the HTC Imagio. I think the Trophy just has a weak radio.

I agree. I had a motorola droid prior to the trophy and I had no problem watching youtube at home and at work over 3G. Now I can't watch youtube at either place. Even on wifi at home it doesn't do very good, but some of that might be the slow internet speed I have at home.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923