I don't necessarily condone commenting on blogs about how anti msft or windows phone they are but I'm just curious, which tech blogs do you think are the least anti windows phone? Obviously, excluding WP focused blogs.

I don't know that many tech blogs but of the ones I know, here is how I rank them from least anti WP to most anti WP:

Cnet - I remember reading a lot of comments about how Cnet loves iPhone, but I've noticed that recently, Cnet has been the least biased towards WP (in their news stories and reviews). Also, they gave the lumia 900 4/5 stars.

Pocketnow, TechnoBuffalo, Wired - I can't choose between these three, but I would say these 3 blogs are the 2nd least biased towards WP. Pocketnow even has a youtube series of videos dedicated to WP. TechnoBuffalo's Jon (forgot last name) loves WP; he's using one right now and he also loves metro and Windows 8. Wired is very professional in my opinion and isn't really biased towards anyone at all.

The Verge - I would place The Verge in third place. If you read their WP stories, you can tell there is a little biased against WP, but not too bad. I do like that they frequently feature WP new stories as well.

Engadget - And these are all the tech blogs (that are not WP focused) that I know of and I would definitely say Engadget is the most biased against WP. They rarely ever have news stories on WP and when they do, their bias is very obvious from their titles and writing. Engadget is my least favourite tech blog in general as well; I don't like the website layout and I don't enjoy reading most of their news posts.

So how would you rank these tech blogs as well as any other ones you know of in terms of their bias against WP? And in case you're curious, the WP Central and WMPowerusers are the 2 WP focused blogs that I follow. But I also like reading WP posts on The Verge and Cnet. I also enjoy the WP youtube videos from Pocketnow.
    04-15-2012 12:24 AM
    I would put Engadget before The Verge. It's true that engadget have less news about WP then The Verge, but their articles are usually more on the bright side. Plus, after Josh's revue of the Lumia 900 where he gave the software a 5, and the ecosystem a 4 (!!!), all other reviewers on The Verge are now obliged to use the same score. For example the Titan II got a total score of 6.0 (because of a 5 on software and a 4 on ecosystem fixed by Josh :) ).

Cnet have been, to my surprise, very supportive of WP handsets, especially the Lumia 900. There has always been a Lumia 900 related story at the top of the site for the last 2 weeks which is good since Cnet is very popular, and a lot of people that visit it might have not heard of WP before.

Jon Rettinger, the guy from Technobuffalo, is by far the person that I like the most when it comes to reviewing WP handsets. Hes has always said that WP7.5 is still not a perfect OS, and has criticized it, but he sees whats good in the OS and highlights it.

The WORST site IMO is the wallstreet journal's all things digital! Walt Mossberg's review of the Lumia 900 is just horrible, and every story related to WP starts with a positive feeling to it, but ends with trashing MS and Nokia! I think that this is the worst thing for WP since the WSJ is read by average people who don't really know what WP is.
    04-15-2012 03:47 AM
    Anandtech was the least biased on the L900 review
    04-15-2012 05:18 AM
    Unless you use Windows Phone for at least a week, preferably a month, you're not going to appreciate how it works. Most of those tech sites journalist use iPhones and Androids on a daily basis so I don't weigh their reviews/opinions that much considering their short time with the OS. I am currently interested in one site, The Best Phone News and Phone Reviews | PhoneDog, where they are doing a 30 day challenge Nokia Lumia 900 Challenge: Day 1 | PhoneDog Will be interesting to see their final opinion come day 30.
    04-15-2012 11:03 AM
    Unless you use Windows Phone for at least a week, preferably a month, you're not going to appreciate how it works. Most of those tech sites journalist use iPhones and Androids on a daily basis so I don't weigh their reviews/opinions that much considering their short time with the OS. I am currently interested in one site, The Best Phone News and Phone Reviews | PhoneDog, where they are doing a 30 day challenge Nokia Lumia 900 Challenge: Day 1 | PhoneDog Will be interesting to see their final opinion come day 30.
    oh right, I also enjoy watching PhoneDog videos of WP. I'm also following the 30 day challenge, hope it's positive.
    04-15-2012 01:12 PM
    Neowin.net which is more of a general Microsoft blog.
    04-15-2012 03:55 PM
    Mobilesyrup.com, a Canadian tech blog, has published numerous fair and overall positive articles about WP, but the comments section are full of absolutely venomous fandroids. For example, they recently published an article about how TELUS, one of he major Canadian carriers, was offering refurbed iPhones and a couple android models at a dramatic discount. I commented that it would be nice to see them do the same with the Lumia 800s that might have been returned due to the well-publicized battery issues, (my exact comment was "It would be nice to see them do something similar with the 800".) and the comment received 2 upvotes and whopping 22 (!) downvotes, causing it to be hidden due to low rating. (a feature built-in to weed out troll posts) Either way the site deserves notice as a good source of positive WP publicity. But be warned; if you make your WP love known in the comments, expect the hate to flow.
    04-15-2012 04:28 PM
    Mobilesyrup.com, a Canadian tech blog, has published numerous fair and overall positive articles about WP, but the comments section are full of absolutely venomous fandroids. For example, they recently published an article about how TELUS, one of he major Canadian carriers, was offering refurbed iPhones and a couple android models at a dramatic discount. I commented that it would be nice to see them do the same with the Lumia 800s that might have been returned due to the well-publicized battery issues, (my exact comment was "It would be nice to see them do something similar with the 800".) and the comment received 2 upvotes and whopping 22 (!) downvotes, causing it to be hidden due to low rating. (a feature built-in to weed out troll posts) Either way the site deserves notice as a good source of positive WP publicity. But be warned; if you make your WP love known in the comments, expect the hate to flow.
    lol i read MobileSyrup too, I'm Canadian too; I didn't add it on my list cause I thought most people here are americans. Yea, there are very few people using WP in Canada. But I think once WP starts getting popular in the US, Canada will follow suite as always.
    04-15-2012 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD