XDA DEVS: A pro-android forum up against WP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
This news were shocking when I read it today.
Enjoying Chevron? Say Goodbye to Your Developer Unlock | xda-developers

The article is written as if it's Microsoft that decided to screw customers over! It was the developers who decided to not carry on the deal further and kept customers in the dark when selling tokens. The more I read the article, the more it pissed me off. Don't even get me started with the comments.

..and then I wonder why WP hasn't caught any traction at all!

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Stupid people being stupid. Half of the complaints if not more are from people that 1) don't even use windows phone and 2) are whinging to whine. they clearly have no idea why it was discontinued and why it existed in the first place.

-EDIT- who ever wrote the article can't even read. They posted a link trying to support numbers getting worse but it clearly shows an increase. They also conveniently forget it took Android about 3 years to take off.

Last edited:

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
wow what a ignorant article.

i love how he blames MS ... its like blaming apple if your SIRI cant find what your searching for,.

chev might have a T-shirt from MS saying * we where the first to jailbreak Wp * but that doesn't mean they have ANYTHING to do with MS directly...

does MS send them a paycheck? **** NO!

I thought people at XDA where not idiots , guess I was wrong.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Stupid people being stupid. Half of the complaints if not more are from people that 1) don't even use windows phone and 2) are whinging to whine. they clearly have no idea why it was discontinued and why it existed in the first place.

-EDIT- who ever wrote the article can't even read. They posted a link trying to support numbers getting worse but it clearly shows an increase. They also conveniently forget it took Android about 3 years to take off.

i love how he blames MS ... its like blaming apple if your SIRI cant find what your searching for,.

chev might have a T-shirt from MS saying * we where the first to jailbreak Wp * but that doesn't mean they have ANYTHING to do with MS directly...

I thought so too! - I have had great respect for the Devs at XDA community. That is a place where anyone with a little techhie in him would ideally want to go to. Imagine him reading this! No wonder, no Android or old WinMo developers show any enthusiasm, thanks to posts like this!

He even has gone to an extent of declaring this OS dead and this being the last MSFT error that will sort of hammer the nail in the coffin! Outrageous picture to start with and that article got freaking front page on the XDA news! There isn't ONE comment that favour MSFT. I thought Verge was proactively killing the OS, but XDA is turning out to be the midwife happy to shove the kid back in, forget about helping ease the pain!

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
at lease this little vid some posted made it all worth it! LOL!

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_elqLDSt36k&feature=player_embedded[/YT]

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
However, looking at more than a few of those people who posted, they've been using nothing but the Android! What will they even know about ChevronWP7?!:mad:

Thuoudo

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
This doesn't deserve the title of an "article." Perhaps "editorial" or "opinion" would be even better.

Or maybe "errant fanboyism" is truer ;)

E

.Emi.

so much crap and lies in that article, and people commenting who obviously hasn't even used a Windows Phone. I hope they find peace and sleep well, now that they wrote something bad about Microsoft/Windows Phone, when its not even their business and it doesn't affect them.

rbrunner

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I understand now

Thanks for explaining me the situation. Let me recap this enlightening thread here so far:

- All the blame has to go to the ChevronWP7 people
- Microsoft is innocent and had no chance against that bad ChevronWP7 people
- The XDA devs are exposed as idiots and don't deserve any respect anymore
- Any other dev pissed off because his or her WP7 phone will re-lock should keep quiet anyway
- All is perfect in WP7 land after that stupid "editorial" and thread on XDA fade into the background again

Thank God the world is as easy and simple as that.

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for explaining me the situation. Let me recap the this enlightening thread here so far:

- Any other dev pissed off because his or her WP7 phone will re-lock should keep quiet anyway
- All is perfect in WP7 land after that stupid "editorial" and thread on XDA fade into the background again

No, its a problem with twisting words.

Our data indicates that most developers simply unlocked their devices for non-developmental reasons and never went all the way to publish an app in the marketplace. There was also some confusion about the actual purpose of the ChevronWP7 service – some folks thought we provided SIM-unlock capabilities, while others thought we were a hacker group providing full root access.

The article leaves that part out conveniently then goes on to ramble about 10,000 developers and lawsuits. Yeah no one was really using it to develop apps that will ever see the market so all of those angry developers must be foaming at the mouth. Then goes on some ranting about forking out $99 "again" because you apparently do things twice when you haven't done it once. Then something about getting the refund in any other form besides credit to your bank/card when the FAQ says it is credited back to your credit card. Then rambles on about the market place being flooded with junk as if the Android market place isn't. Then links to a wikipedia article trying to show Window Phones numbers getting "worse" that only shows WM being dropped and Windows Phone increasing.

-EDIT- I must have a magical device because I can change tile color without an interop unlock. Sure not much of a selection but its still a change

Chevron was meant to ease the barrier of entry into the market. But people who bought the unlock tool weren't publishing apps. Once that $99 is refunded you are actually getting a better value than what that token was giving you. Sounds like a better way to get people to publish in the end. If you are worth your salt you will be able to make the cost of that by the time your free year is up.

Sounds like the complaints of someone using an Android device that can no longer use their pirated APK.

Let us know how that class action turns out.

Last edited:

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
It's the same with any WP7 article these days - quickly flooded by Android trolls making comments about the OS which they have never used.

The people that write these types of things remind me of those guys that were in my computer science classes at university. If they saw you with a windows laptop they would snort and proclaim their superiority over you because they had 5 different flavours of Linux on their crusty old laptops.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for explaining me the situation. Let me recap this enlightening thread here so far:

You clearly did not read the "editorial" as your points are as ignorant as that "editorial". Let me take you through the reasoning why:

- ChevronWP7 was/is/will not be a Microsoft Product.
- Microsoft did not sell the product, Microsoft is a corporate giant, will have laid out the agreement in the most legal way possible.
- The XDA devs who write those sort of ignorant, full of rants, full of lies - are NOT developers and NO they do not deserve respect.
- No, they should NOT keep quiet. They should write to ChevronWP7, get the money refunded in full and even take them to the court if need be.
- WP7 is not perfect, probably will never be. But you know what? There are people who love the way it is and will like it to be better without trolling, abusing or talking lies.

Yes, thank the lord the world is so much easier than what it could have been.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
XDA is mostly anti WP, probably because most of the old WM users didnt like it and hate MS for that (for some reason, should have read all the BS that was posted after WP launched. And still is obviously). They now use android and bash WP any chance they can.

And yes, those tokens were mostly used for side loading downloaded XAP's and loading software from other OEM's devices. If no real development was done and only pirates were benefiting what would be the point in continuing the service?

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

There actually ARE people suing Apple in a class-action about siri not working...

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
iOS fans are cool with me they actually like the WP platform because its different and didn't copy iOS.

Android fans piss me off maybe they are affraid that one day WP will take over their "marketshare" which they LOVE to brag about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo