Why WP is better than iOS and Android.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Through research I have determined that Windows Phone is 7.5 whereas iOS is only 5.0 and Android is only 4.0. (Actually most Android is only 2.3)

Therefore Windows Phone is 2.5 better than iOS and at least 3.5 better than Android!

Also Live Tiles.

Discuss.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I.n.t.e.g.r.a.t.i.o.n.

The way Apple introduced Apps to Windows Mobile smartphones and ruined them, Windows Phone has introduced integration to iOS and Android and time will tell how it doesn't only ruin them, but also force them to copy it (that's what they do the best anyway).

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
iOS is what it is, has been, and will be. The same.

Android is good and I like it but it has become a clusterf*ck and it will only get worse.

WP seems to have a good balance from both worlds. I'll stay with it.

MattLFC

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Through research I have determined that Windows Phone is 7.5 whereas iOS is only 5.0 and Android is only 4.0. (Actually most Android is only 2.3)

Therefore Windows Phone is 2.5 better than iOS and at least 3.5 better than Android
Ahhhh, but if it were a game of golf, Android would be the Tiger Woods of the world (before his little "incident" of course lol).

WP would be well behind :p

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
That is just stupid. You're talking about the 2 platform that utterly dominate the smartphone sales and profits.

The market is new. Look what happened to the car market once it grew. I stand by my comment android is fragmented, buggy, crashing, garbage. iOS works good but its dated. Android now has quad core phones than feel or act no different than lesser phones. Some apps work and some don't it all depends on what version of android you have.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You know as much as I prefer WP UI, iOS is beautiful too. Also remember that features like swiping the homescreen to unlock and showing notifications on the homescreen were done by Android first. WP would not be possible without iOS/Android paving the way.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Is not. It has the potential to be but it's not.

Microsoft silence is driving me crazy, I enjoy using my phone day by day but when my contract runs out I just don't know what to do.

toddpart

Jul 17, 2004
Visit site
Actually, webOS originally brought gestures and world class notifications long before Android was even someone's bad idea.

jsntrenkler

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I think iOS and android are both awesome platforms. At the end of the day it is a matter of preference as all 3 platforms are very capable. Its all about which one works best for you. Currently WP7.5 is my favorite, however that may change as each platform continues to mature. It is better for us end users to have such competition in the market as each company tries to earn the one up.

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Actually, webOS originally brought gestures and world class notifications long before Android was even someone's bad idea.

I like webOS better than Android OS, but the first Android OS devices were released in 2008 while the first webOS devices were released in 2009.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05