LOL, MS Store Road Trip

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I had made a comment to my wife the other day, that it's too bad we don't have an MS store near us and the closest one is in Austin. Surprisingly, she said lets go this weekend. I'm not sure what she hopes to see there? I told her its probably nothing we haven't seen at BB. Anyhow, to justify the road trip, we were looking up other places to go while in Austin and I noticed there will be a live band at the MS Store on Saturday from 1 to 3, Beautiful Disturbance. Is that a regular sort of thing at MS stores in other cities?

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
What a great idea! As far as bands go, did the Austin store just open up?

It must have opened in the last couple of months. Did a quick search and saw announcements of it coming soon back in February.

After the band, they are going to have a WP7 workshop. This Sunday is an Xbox Lego batman game demo where participants will get a free superhero shirt and will be followed by an Excel workshop.

Austin MS Store: http://content.microsoftstore.com/store/detail/Austin-TX

All locations: http://content.microsoftstore.com/home.aspx#fullsite

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I still don't get why they don't have one here in Vegas. They need to put one on the strip somewhere, like the Fashion Show Mall on Las Vegas blvd. We have people from all over America and tourists from around the world passing through here everyday.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I've never been to a Microsoft store, but if it's anything like an Apple store I would love it. Next time I'm in Houston I'm going to check out the MS store.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, I didn't realize they had windows 7 tablets.

Anyhow, my gripe with the MS store is that every WP7 they had on display had noticeable burn in. Shouldn't the demos keep that from happening? Also, I'm starting to wonder if the metro UI is bad for burn in?

a6934895-6fd1-b361.jpg

And now for something different...

a6934895-6fed-bd87.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss