best kind of furniture to go with the metro ui ecosystem

geekmaster

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
yes you read it right. i want to find furniture for my bedroom that will go with the clean and modern design of metro ui. i will be heading to ikea soon for shopping. in general does anyone have any idea's what kinda furniture style best fits with Microsoft's metro ui design?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm...

It's a digital design language that exists to provide information in a concise and efficent way, so I'm not quite sure that works.

But if you want to be inspired by it, I suppose you could get stuff that serves its purpose without being cluttered with additional design that isn't functional. I could see how it could work with things like clocks, where the purpose is to convey information.

Not so sure about stuff like tables and beds.

geekmaster

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
well i do remember microsofts vision for the future video's. but the furniture there was pretty stale looking. almost akin to future dystopia movies like the hunger games, soylent green, and sleeper.

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

cedarlog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

geekmaster

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
yeah those pax wardrobes look like the windows phone start screen ;) to bad i will have a walk if closet at the town house so i have no need for it. any idea's on lighting along with shelves?

also this forum is open to anyone who has similar metro needs for their furnishings. so please don't be shy. we are here to help everyone not just myself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro