Apple quarterly earnings disappoint

MrBurrrns

Banned
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
No, it's just the quiet before the storm that will be the new iPhone 5 which will finally bring a new form factor.

And you can hardly talk about 15 minutes of fame regarding a company that has been around for more than 30 years...

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
No, it's just the quiet before the storm that will be the new iPhone 5 which will finally bring a new form factor.

And you can hardly talk about 15 minutes of fame regarding a company that has been around for more than 30 years...
Yeah, you're probably right regarding the next iPhone. However, regarding my second point: "fame" and "existence" aren't the same.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Apple released the newest version of their desktop os today, new iPhones and ios 6 release soon. There are rumors of smaller ipads. apple will continue to keep a spot in the tech news cycle throughout the rest of the year.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site

But you have to admit that Apple has probably reached the pinnacle of their success. It's all downhill from here. Microsoft is gunning to take a leadership role in every category. The next few years should be interesting.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
But you have to admit that Apple has probably reached the pinnacle of their success. It's all downhill from here. Microsoft is gunning to take a leadership role in every category. The next few years should be interesting.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

I agree that Apple probably won't go much higher phone wise, at least in the US. As much as I love WP I have a hard time seeing it surpass android. I would love to see it happen though.

Sent from my Rezound

MrBurrrns

Banned
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I agree that the next few years will be very interesting. But that's the thing with the IT business, you can never predict the future. And even with Steve Jobs gone, I would never underestimate them. If the rumors about a bigger iPhone and a smaller iPad are true, then they are in a great position to grow even bigger. Plus, with their track record for innovations in the consumer business I would not bet against them to surprise us again in the future.

I am especially curious about iOS and its future. Because one day they will have to revamp the system, they can't keep adding stuff on top of the same system that they have in place since 2007. And I am very curious about the next evolution of iOS and where they will take it.

Interesting times ahead, that's for sure.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo