Let The Games Begin! London 2012

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I'm a big fan of the Olympics. We had a big family conversation about how the Olympics is the most/ only civilized thing that this world dose. Its the only event that the majority of the world can agree upon.

204 countries are participating in this years Olympic games only Kosovo, South Sudan, and of course Vatican City/Holy See will not participate. We can fight have wars, disagree about religion and politics all we want but the one thing we can all agree to do is be civil and take a shot at each other in the Olympics.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Well said Dave. I agree!

They have to keep the politicians out of the Olympics. Do you remember the 1980 Summer Olympics when the U.S. boycotted the games in Moscow, because Russia was in Afghanistan? Guess where we are now?

I thought the NBC announcers did a horrible job during the parade of nations during the opening ceremonies because they kept injecting politics into it with certain nations. Keep politics 100% out of the Olympics! :cool:

uxadditives

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
We have created a beautiful app for Windows Phone in Metro style called "Olympic Flow" to deliver a continuous picture news feed from various news sources, facebook, blogs and videos like Youtube. In this beautiful designed Metro app you can scroll endlessly through more than 15000 items, or use the search functionality. This is probably the only Olympics app that offers search and tag filtering. You can also enable the live tile with new pictures for to indicate content updates. App highights are big content database with large pictures and fast scrolling through all content without.

Hope you have some time to check out our app here: http://bit.ly/Mg62Jp

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Medal Count for the the top 5 as of 8/5/2012

168xufk.png

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
But China passed You again since We lost the Mens Double Badminton and had to settle with Silver... :'(

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
What's up with Men's Volleyball and Beach Volleyball? We seem to do great in the preliminaries, but whenever we get to a quarterfinal or a knockout round, we lose! :(

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
What's up with Men's Volleyball and Beach Volleyball? We seem to do great in the preliminaries, but whenever we get to a quarterfinal or a knockout round, we lose! :(

I prefer indoor volleyball, rather than beach volleyball, for both men and women.

Here in Ohio, volleyball is a girls' sport in almost every high school, but it is not offered as a boys' high school sport. Volleyball is a fall sport here.

Basketball (boys' and girls' high school) is a winter sport, not a spring sport.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss