Find me an alternative to...

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm addicted.
To flashing ROMs.
Yes. You read that right.

I have this uncontrollable itch. Even when all is fine, I will flash a ROM and feel good. Feels like I spend more time with the parts of the car rather than the car itself. Like I'm always diving, head first into the bonnet of the car all the time...

I want to get rid of this dirty habit. Since I will get my WP8, I will have a lot of free time....

Any suggestions...??

Does anyone else related to this disorder??

Sent from my RaZr NeXus.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I use to have an addiction to overclocking CPU's on my computers until I fried a couple of CPU's.

As soon as you brick a couple of phones, you'll lose the addiction.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I use to have an addiction to overclocking CPU's on my computers until I fried a couple of CPU's.

As soon as you brick a couple of phones, you'll lose the addiction.

Yup...I'm buying myself a WP8 for sure....before that day comes where I kill a device..I'd rather save myself...

Sent from my RaZr NeXus.

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I was addicted to ROM flashing on my Androids and was continually trying to make it perfect.

When I got my Lumia, I didn't want to do anything that might mess it up. I like it "wholesome" and the one advantage is officially updates are easy, something that is pain to do with a custom ROM.

I am not even sure what's available and what it would improve for the Lumia, so maybe I am in the "been there, done that" phase. Lol

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm building one of these at the moment...

e1c5e2a074c8d54ed2014d60bac4e3f7.jpg

:)

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I was addicted to ROM flashing on my Androids and was continually trying to make it perfect.

When I got my Lumia, I didn't want to do anything that might mess it up. I like it "wholesome" and the one advantage is officially updates are easy, something that is pain to do with a custom ROM.

I am not even sure what's available and what it would improve for the Lumia, so maybe I am in the "been there, done that" phase. Lol

That's sounds sooo like me... :D

But I need to do away with this addiction..it takes a toll on everything...

Sent from my RaZr NeXus.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

I was the same way with my Motorola Droid. I tried so many roms it wasn't funny. Of course some of that was to attempt to make up for a poor performing phone. It was a relief to get a WP that worked fine out of the box. I have been tempted to hack it though....

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
When I was still on Windows Mobile 6.x devices, I would spend hours, days, weeks perfecting my own "tuneup" scripts for all the HTC devices I ran. On PPCGeeks, I STILL get "thank you's" for the Touch Pro 2 Cleanup I released, and I haven't touched that in years now!

I never got into ROM cooking or flashing, but the CABs were the cheap man's flashing, because of the extensive depth of registry tweaking and file manipulation that I did. I took that approach for the benefit of people like myself who couldn't unlock and flash custom ROMs for whatever reason.

The thing that took me away from it was generally work and/or getting a new device.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
For a few years, I spent a lot of time playing with embedded electronics, programmable microcontrollers and whatnot. It was definitely a hobby that required having a spare microprocessor on stock, you know, just in case. :)

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Pick up the free version of the Unity game engine. Then make a game.

I guarantee that if you do that, you could spend all the time in the world trying to tweak it to eek out every last bit of performance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3