First step is quite positive....

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
OK, asked my IT guy at office to install Windows 7 on my desktop. Why? Wanted to try out the Office 2013. And OMG!! JUST OMG!!!

Improvements?? Tick.
Speed?? Tick.
Better UI? Tick.
Overall awesomeness?? TICK TICK TICK TICK ...

if this is a miniscule version of the whole OS Windows 8 is...I'M GAME!!

WP8 for sure(may be HTC 8X) and if all goes well....MS Surface!!!

Sent from my RaZr NeXus.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I was running the Office 2013 preview for a few weeks, but I had some formatting compatibility issues with a few work documents that I didn't have time to "fix" at the time, so I had to step back to 2010 until things calm down at work a bit.

Overall, I felt 2013 needs more color or some kind of shading to better distinguish screen elements, but I enjoyed working with it mostly. There's definitely improvements throughout that are going to be really nice.

I want to give it a better chance in the future.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I was running the Office 2013 preview for a few weeks, but I had some formatting compatibility issues with a few work documents that I didn't have time to "fix" at the time, so I had to step back to 2010 until things calm down at work a bit.

Overall, I felt 2013 needs more color or some kind of shading to better distinguish screen elements, but I enjoyed working with it mostly. There's definitely improvements throughout that are going to be really nice.

I want to give it a better chance in the future.

In fact, i liked it for the colour scheme..light, grey, simple and plain.

I haven't come across of what u are saying yet...but let's see...I love it!
I love Metro UI...

Sent from my RaZr NeXus.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I have been using W8 on my laptop since it was released to TechNet. I am just really liking it. As a standard Windows client, the desktop is every bit as good as W7. The metro bits aren't bad...it can only get better as the app marketplace improves.

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I have been using W8 on my laptop since it was released to TechNet. I am just really liking it. As a standard Windows client, the desktop is every bit as good as W7. The metro bits aren't bad...it can only get better as the app marketplace improves.
I agree, I'm running W8 on my laptop from Technet and I love it. Smooth and fast. The desktop environment is even faster than W7.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster