Windows Phone-less!!

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
So, my HD7 has bit the bullet after getting a glass of water spilt on it. :( I tried my best to dry it out, but after switching it on, the screen stopped work, then the device wouldn't power up.

It's been 24hrs now and I'm going insane without my WP! No live tiles, hubs, XBL, Metro UI... I'm going cold turkey...

I'm currently using a friends old HTC Wildfire and the user-experience is on-par with poking needles in my eyes!

Not really sure if to look into getting my HD7 repaired or just hanging on until November for the Nokia Lumia 920.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear of your loss. Maybe a low cost WP on eBay to hold you over till November. You could probably resell it for at least half of what you paid for it, so not much out of pocket.

And you could be rocking WP again by maybe Wednesday.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
That's probably the best option, jimski. I've been looking at ebay, but the tax man has hit me with an unexpected notice of arrears (from a return in 2010) so it's going to be a real stretch.

If I end up rocking the Wildfire until November, the 920 is going to feel sweeter than ever!! :D

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Ha! Thanks anyway, dude. :)

Cyan Lumia 800's are looking quite appealing at the moment. May have a little sell up on ebay to see what I can do.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
That definitely does suck bro! May be selling my Focus S, if any thing, but would require an unlock.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
you could just go for a super cheap lumia 610/710 based on the fact it only has to get you through the next 6-8 weeks?

That's a good shout and either would be a great little device for the mother once I'm done with it. :)

That definitely does suck bro! May be selling my Focus S, if any thing, but would require an unlock.

Yeah, it truly sucks. It feels like I'm naked without it! I'd love to take your Focus off your hands (nice device!), but I think a new device could be the best way forward as I could claim the tax back through my business. :)

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Man, a moment of silence....

For all your love/hate relationship with your HD7, it desearved better than to go out like that. Hope something comes along quick....

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Ouch.

I know it's late to say this now, but if you spill water on your phone pull out the battery immediately. Then be sure to open it up and dry it out... and then WAIT a day or two with the phone in a nice warm, dry place. The water has to be completely evaporated before attempting to turn on the phone again.

But alas, this phone sacrificed itself so that we all could learn. I salute you, HD7.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Man, a moment of silence....

For all your love/hate relationship with your HD7, it desearved better than to go out like that. Hope something comes along quick....

Yeah, it's too bad that she had to go in such a way. I wanted to pass her on to my mother once I got my L920, but it seems it'll go for spares. :(

Ouch.

I know it's late to say this now, but if you spill water on your phone pull out the battery immediately. Then be sure to open it up and dry it out... and then WAIT a day or two with the phone in a nice warm, dry place. The water has to be completely evaporated before attempting to turn on the phone again.

But alas, this phone sacrificed itself so that we all could learn. I salute you, HD7.

I managed to save my old Nokia N95 by doing this after dropping it in the bath. Unfortunately I didn't get the opportunity with the HD7. It happened in the middle of the night when I accidentally knocked a pint of water that was sat next to my phone in my sleep. As it didn't fall over I went back to sleep and didn't realise until the following morning that it had spilt a load of water onto the face of the device. I immediately turned it off and put the whole thing in a jar of rice for 24hrs, but it only worked for a little while before slowly dying.

R.I.P HD7.

:(

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
OK, so the Lumia 710 turned up this morning along with my new micro sim card from O2 (convenient timing). The advert said it was locked to Vodafone, but it turns out everything is working just fine on O2 without the need for an unlock code. Sweet. :) What's better is, it's in IMMACULATE condition. All original box, inserts, packaging, and not a single scuff or scratch. Colour me happy!

This is a great little handset and I'm really surprised how nippy it is compared to my old HD7. It flies along! :)

Just installing the Nokia Drive maps, but so far SO good.

Big thanks to speedtouch and mmacleodbrown for the recommendation.

There you go, brother! I knew you could find a good deal on one. You're going to like it.

You, Sir. Were. Bang. ON. This is a great little device. Cheers, Rob. :)
thumb_up_left_32.png

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
This is a great little handset and I'm really surprised how nippy it is compared to my old HD7. It flies along! :)

Just installing the Nokia Drive maps, but so far SO good.

Big thanks to speedtouch and mmacleodbrown for the recommendation.

You, Sir. Were. Bang. ON. This is a great little device. Cheers, Rob. :)Click to view quoted image
All right, you got it!

It is a lot faster than the HD7, no doubt about it. Do you notice if it recognizes your taps better than the HD7? I had awful trouble with my HD7 not recognizing my taps.

The Lumia 710 is a diamond in the rough. Yes, it doesn't have much storage, it has a smallish battery, and it has no capacitive buttons. But it runs at the same speed and snappiness as its bigger brothers, the 800 and 900. Most people don't know the 710, 800, and 900 have the same CPU, RAM, and graphics chip. The 710 is an amazing value.

Best of luck with it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium