the strangest thing you have ever eaten thread

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, had tripe too... disgusting.

I've also had fried grasshopper... crunchy... didn't care for the legs though... hairy.

I could deal with maggots, but not with bulls balls not with brain.. Ugh.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I've been tempted to try one of my dog's begg'n strips. . . Man, they do smell good.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
If you look here under Animal Health, a lot of pet food gets recalled for Salmonella, so I wouldn't try it. :D

Recalls, Market Withdrawals, & Safety Alerts

I got a mysterious food poisoning a couple of years ago while I was deployed... Diarehha for a month and a half... I was drinking gallons of water every day and it was 140 degrees outside.:straight: I lost 25 pounds. Lesson learned, stay away from the shawarmas!

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I got a mysterious food poisoning a couple of years ago while I was deployed... Diarehha for a month and a half... I was drinking gallons of water every day and it was 140 degrees outside.:straight: I lost 25 pounds. Lesson learned, stay away from the shawarmas!

Sorry to hear about that, but I had to laugh... putting those words with your avatar pic, is that the face you were making for over a month?

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear about that, but I had to laugh... putting those words with your avatar pic, is that the face you were making for over a month?

why yes... yes it was. I would wake up and have to sprint a quarter mile from the tent to the latrine clinching my buttox as hard as I could every time I woke up. I didn't pee very much considering how much water I was drinking. The funny part of it there was about 9 of us who got sick and we would be running together... lot's of funny looks. On the good side I could eat as much food as I wanted to. On the bad side it wouldn't stay in my system for longer than 30 minutes.

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I've eaten alligator (disgusting), bison (delicious), rattlesnake (not bad), ground hog (usually pretty good, but have had it be bad), squirrel brain (questionable), Fried Ants (meh). While nothing overly exotic, it was all very interesting.

I would like to go to asia and some other countries and try some local cuisine.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I've eaten alligator (disgusting), bison (delicious), rattlesnake (not bad), ground hog (usually pretty good, but have had it be bad), squirrel brain (questionable), Fried Ants (meh). While nothing overly exotic, it was all very interesting.

Did you try any squirrel meat, or just its brain?

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Thinking about it, I have eaten horse... It was while in Italy and was served shredded as an appetizer. It wasn't bad, but I guess from an American point of view, eating horse is "strange".

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Thinking about it, I have eaten horse... It was while in Italy and was served shredded as an appetizer. It wasn't bad, but I guess from an American point of view, eating horse is "strange".

Strange... that reminds me of an episode I watched of Bizarre foods when he visited a tribe in africa and they ate beetles. He found a grasshopper and asked them if they ate them and they said it was "strange".

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

Woah there, Alligator has got to be the best meat i have ever had! Its so flaky and delicious! Im usually a picky eater, but I went on a carnival cruise and they had Alligator and between me and my dad, we always order everything on the menu during dinner time so we can try it all (And yes we eat everything.. takes a couple hours but we do) and Alligator was something i had to keep reordering! (same with the warm chocolate melting cake!) haha

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Alligator is very common in Australia. Horse meet is very common all over Europe... it didn't even enter my mind that horse meet might be considered strange :)

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Alligator meat is one of those things that's great if prepared and eaten soon enough, but either by not being fresh or bad preparation, it can be rubbery and unapealing.

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
The alligator I tried was horrible. Probably wasn't very fresh which is kinda weird because the restaurant I was at I could see alligators in the water across the river.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I've tried squirrel meat and the brains. I had some friends that fixed it all up. The squirrel meat itself is fairly good. I didn't think that was unusual though.

I wouldn't say squirrel meat is unusual either. My friend's father hunts squirrels. I never tried squirrel, though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers