What's Your Favorite Wine?

diaspar

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Bordeaux. St. Emilion

expensive... I rarely go above $30 for daily wine.

so I guess we are so sick and tired of this wp8 release mess, we rather discuss wine in a gadget forum...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
expensive... I rarely go above $30 for daily wine.

so I guess we are so sick and tired of this wp8 release mess, we rather discuss wine in a gadget forum...

Well, I live in the US, now but I was born in France. Although it sounds like I have a taste for luxury, I developed my taste in a country where wine is MUCH less expensive. I was actually born in the heart of the Champagne area. (Reims)

diaspar

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I am still searching for my favorite wine. Living close to Napa doesn't seem to help the search.
I have tried many many wine in different price ranges from different countries and I have to say 'you get what you pay for' often does not apply to wine.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I have tried many many wine in different price ranges from different countries and I have to say 'you get what you pay for' often does not apply to wine.

I don't know how it is in the U.S. but in Europe it is interesting to see the differences in regional wine preference. Italians tend to prefer the lighter reds, while the French prefer the well aged wines with strong tannins.

If you lean more towards the French in terms of wine preference, you will probably be somewhat less enthusiastic about the Italian wines, no matter how much effort went into their creation and how expensive a bottle might be, or visa verse.

It's often more a matter of personal taste than quality.

Last edited:

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Well, I live in the US, now but I was born in France. Although it sounds like I have a taste for luxury, I developed my taste in a country where wine is MUCH less expensive. I was actually born in the heart of the Champagne area. (Reims)

my wife and I go to France a lot, so I know what you're talking about.

diaspar

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I agree it is more of personal taste. I like merlot but cabernet can be interesting as well.

I gonna try out this Menage a Trois red. sounds interesting.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I agree it is more of personal taste. I like merlot but cabernet can be interesting as well.

M?nage ? Trois is widely available. I found it at my local grocery store. I haven't bought it yet. My wife would probably think I am hinting at trying something given the name of the wine. :D

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

I really like it. Not to expensive and really drinkable. I'm not a wine aficionado by any stretch, but these hybrids are great.

I also really like Yellow Tail shiraz/cabernet for a cheaper wine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte