Thefts of Cell Phones Rise Rapidly Nationwide

In this tech-savvy city teeming with commuters and tourists, the cell phone has become a top target of robbers who use stealth, force and sometimes guns. Nearly half of all robberies in San Francisco this year are cell phone-related, police say, and most occur on bustling transit lines.
    Thefts of Cell Phones Rise Rapidly Nationwide - ABC News
    10-20-2012 04:39 PM
    While one can't prevent a hold up when not using a phone, most of the time thefts happen because people are careless. People are talking, texting, and surfing without any regard to their surroundings. That makes it incredibly easy for thieves to pick you off. Living in NYC, there are countless people around you and if you are not aware, then you'll fall prey to these predators. While in public I make it a point that if I have to answer a call, text or check something on the net, I pull myself away from traffic and secure myself.
    palandri likes this.
    10-20-2012 04:57 PM
    While one can't prevent a hold up when not using a phone, most of the time thefts happen because people are careless. People are talking, texting, and surfing without any regard to their surroundings. That makes it incredibly easy for thieves to pick you off. Living in NYC, there are countless people around you and if you are not aware, then you'll fall prey to these predators. While in public I make it a point that if I have to answer a call, text or check something on the net, I pull myself away from traffic and secure myself.
    Well said. Situational Awareness.
    10-20-2012 05:09 PM
    It does amaze me how mindless people are, and cell phones are making them even more so.
    palandri likes this.
    10-20-2012 05:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD