2012 Presidential Election, Cast Your Ballot Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I think that when you get down to details and core principles, most Americans have a libertarian streak in them. That's kind of where we came from. The foundation of who we are.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how you guys in the US can put up with the almost 24/7 politics coverage on the news there. Even in non-election years the coverage on politics feels overboard to me, and it would drive me crazy.

I even hear from friends in the states that politics have become so polarizing that even long time friends end their friendships over political allegiances.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Obama all the way. Democrat all the way. I know this is a new thread, but it's frightening to see that a couple more people chose the Romney option. :confused:

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how you guys in the US can put up with the almost 24/7 politics coverage on the news there. Even in non-election years the coverage on politics feels overboard to me, and it would drive me crazy.

Yeah, it's pretty nuts here. I avoid it by not watching TV!

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
"Conservative" can have wide meaning, so your statement doesn't necessarily hold true.

Socially, it does change as society changes.

However, fiscally is another story. Fiscal conservatism is gaining popularity.

The Libertarian movement will go nowhere. Their ideas just don't make sense. Their platform is unrealistic. You cannot just cut 45% of all federal programs. I see the country moving in more of a Elizabeth Warren direction.

There are more registered democrats than republicans, and the majority of Independents tend to vote democrat. So it all comes down to voter suppression(Through politics and Hurricane Sandy) and people going out and voting. The number of Republicans is just increasingly getting smaller and smaller over the years. That's just the nature of Conservatism itself. The more evolved a society becomes, the less conservative it becomes. So what it really comes down to is whether or not the Republicans can get more registered voters out to the polls in Ohio. Because they have 0 chance of taking the independent majority.

People can banter back and forth over individual issues, but that is the broad truth of the matter.

Good call buddy.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
So Obamacare lives? So if some government agent thinks i am not worth keeping around, they send me an end of life pill, instead of treating me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss