2012 Presidential Election, Cast Your Ballot Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
It's not a coincidence that the rural county's are red. They typically have the Jesus loving, evolution hating, gun toting types. Now, before you condemn me for saying that, know that I come from a small christian farming town (5k ppl) and have a hard working background. I wear cowboy boots, own guns, hunt, but I'm also a software developer and a nerd. (Weird eh? ). I know why they vote red and it's not because they value education and progress. They vote red because many are Christian literalists and this stems from a bigger education problem. Notice how the population areas of the US such as the ones I mentioned are generally democratic. Notice how those same areas have highly educated women, have high science research facilities and universities, and are furthest away from the bible belt, with exceptions of course.

I am very religous and I agree that the Christian right has caused issues. Too many Christians want to make religious and moral issues into government issues. Would you say there are many lower income/uneducated people in some of these larger cities you've mentioned that are just as consistent in voting democrat as many bible belt areas are in voting republican?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I would classify myself as Libertarian. I am a fiscal conservative, but I believe that social issues are best left up to individuals, based upon their own personal religious beliefs or lack thereof.

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I would classify myself as Libertarian. I am a fiscal conservative, but I believe that social issues are best left up to individuals, based upon their own personal religious beliefs or lack thereof.

Isn't that the definition of freedom? The Christian right wants to take this away from you. This is why the Republicans are out of the question for me.

geekmaster

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't think anyone cares but i did a rage quit on politics this last Tuesday to the point where i almost forget we have a celebrity puppet running the show. I don't care, I don't want to engage, And i don't want to fight with it anymore. Adults can behave like children if they want there is no stopping that. America will one day collapse and i admit when it happens i will not be physically, mentally, or emotionally prepared like Alex Jones and Andrew Napolitano. And i accept that the vast majority of people will lable me as someone who hates America when in reality i just hate the mindset of its current society.

But lets be honest with ourselves. You may have many so called freedoms in America but in the end they are all meaningless choices. what cell provider will i use?, what public school can i attend, what kind of tobacco can i smoke, what airline i can fly, which of these two presidents can i vote for. You see people. you have all these meaningless choices to give you an illusion of freedom. And when are government kill's and destroys life's they are never honest. At least in china they will tell you what you can and cannot do, and how you will be killed. They respect your right to know unlike in the United States.

American's live your lives to the fullest, because i am telling you now that S*** will flip 180 degree's on Americans within the coming months. This is not a bet this is reality. America has an anti-human fever and it needs to burn be burned off now.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Isn't that the definition of freedom? The Christian right wants to take this away from you. This is why the Republicans are out of the question for me.

The far right and left both want to take individual freedom away. They just do it in different ways.

The extremes of both parties suck. So let's stop judging each other by that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss