Yet another member bites the dust...

Status
Not open for further replies.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Me.

Ok, first thing's first. I love you guys and love this place. I have made some great friends and some of them have even unfriended me. It's OK frankly. It is their choice. But I thought we make friends in spite of knowing the good as well as the bad.

Just yesterday, Google announced the Nexus 4. I honestly think it has all things I want from my next device and more. I am honestly in a quandary now. On the proverbial fence, in dual minds, whatever you want to call it.

The 8X is awesome too. But had it had a slightly bigger screen and a little better specs, I wouldn't be writing this now. So I am not disappearing without a reason.

Also, there seems to be some sort of, please excuse me for using the word, fanboism in certain members. Thankfully, not every one here is infected with the virus. This, for me is thoroughly unacceptable. As long as I was supporting WP and talking good things about it, I was a part of the "circle". But as soon as I liked something else, BOOM! I am an outcast. You will see a little less of me now around here.

In the end, if I have hurt anyone, that of course never being my intention, I apologize. I am sorry to have said something that you may have found offensive. I am saying this with honesty.

It was a really really great experience, and an even awesome journey, where I have picked a lot of things on the way.

In the end, if anyone wants to ask, abuse, talk, vent out or simply wanna say a casual hi, I am just a PM away. :D

Cheers and be good!
XENO.

Last edited:

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Its not a bad device for sure and seeing the price and lack of LTE in India I think its understandable. I do think you are trading away a better user experience by going Android, but its a great phone on low budget. Dont worry about those haters, I know who you are talking about and I think he might not even be 15 yet :p

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Its not a bad device for sure and seeing the price and lack of LTE in India I think its understandable. I do think you are trading away a better user experience by going Android, but its a great phone on low budget. Dont worry about those haters, I know who you are talking about and I think he might not even be 15 yet :p

LOL! yea...me too thinks so...and yes, you are correct. There is no LTE anyways and plus, a device with that low a price is a steal. I also agree with the "trading away a better user experience" bit as well. I might even add security to that. We all know how fragile the OS is when it comes to malware.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks a lot Winning Guy. Over the little time I have been here, you are one of the people I respect a lot.

I won't be gone totally. Will be around, more or less on a Ghost mode. :p

You don't have to be a ghost.

:)

The perspective of an Android user who understands and appreciates what WP is trying to do is always welcome.

BellaRed

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I have never cared what phone other people have so long as I have the one I want. I see some good in all platforms and like a bit of everything.

Get it, enjoy it and if you don't like it try something else :)

ramcoza

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks a lot Winning Guy. Over the little time I have been here, you are one of the people I respect a lot.

I won't be gone totally. Will be around, more or less on a Ghost mode. :p

I saw your post yesterday. Nothing wrong with that. But the only mistake you made was posting it on WPC. The suitable place to post was none other than Andoid Central. I appreciate your effort and encourage you to post those kind of post on every available forums for Android community like Android Central. They will also appreciate your effort and Social interest.

Because with the Nexus 4 announcement,
01) Samsung will be the most disappointing company, because it sells 10s of millions of Overpriced (according your post yesterday. I mean, Samsung with least powerful outdated (32nm Exynos vs 28nm S4 and 720p true IPS(RGB) vs 720p AMOLED+(Pentile) and Android 4.2 vs Android 4.1) Galaxy S series phones to the ignorant people. I didn't meant anything here, but you meant that on your post yesterday). So it will hurt Galaxy series sales according to you. Because more powerful Nexus 4 will be available for $300 and $350 where outdated S3 is available for $550+

02) Google (themselves) will be disappointed with the release of the Nexus 4, because it will hurt the good sales of Motorola's higher end yet out dated (according to your post yesterday) devices like Razr HD, Razr MAXX HD, Atrix 4G, etc, etc.,

03) will hurt HTC too, because their best selling phones were Outdated (according to you) HTC One series, Droid lines for Verizon, etc,

OR you could have posted it on the iMore forum. Because Apple sells more 10s of million (Outdated according to you) iPhones every year for twice the price of the Nexus 4. So with the release of the Nexus 4, their iPhone sales will decreased from few millions to few thousands.

The lease concerned will be the Microsoft, because they are already at the bottom, with few thousand smartphone sales per each quarter. The only way from bottom is upwards or stay at the bottom. So it won't hurt Microsoft OR their WP division. Now I think, you will understand why your post is hated here. ;)

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
We'll let you leave but only if you give us another Mumbai based Windows Phone enthusiasts. :)

Lol...There are many in fact...most of my friends who are sold out on WP would love to take my place...
Not that I have decided that I want NX4, I will wait for the reviews to flow in..

Sent from my RaZr HD.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I enjoyed exchanging thoughts with you! Enjoy your new device, and remember to let us know what you don't like about it (just kidding) ;-)

Take care!

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Just a couple of FYI:

You do know that it lacks lte and expandable memory right?

Sent from something AMAZING using my pinkie

txaggies07

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
The nexus 4 looks pretty nice. I am still sticking with the Lumia 920. I hope you enjoy your new device. I will actually be in Mumbai next week.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I saw your post yesterday. Nothing wrong with that. But the only mistake you made was posting it on WPC. The suitable place to post was none other than Andoid Central. I appreciate your effort and encourage you to post those kind of post on every available forums for Android community like Android Central. They will also appreciate your effort and Social interest.

Because with the Nexus 4 announcement,
01) Samsung will be the most disappointing company, because it sells 10s of millions of Overpriced (according your post yesterday. I mean, Samsung with least powerful outdated (32nm Exynos vs 28nm S4 and 720p true IPS(RGB) vs 720p AMOLED+(Pentile) and Android 4.2 vs Android 4.1) Galaxy S series phones to the ignorant people. I didn't meant anything here, but you meant that on your post yesterday). So it will hurt Galaxy series sales according to you. Because more powerful Nexus 4 will be available for $300 and $350 where outdated S3 is available for $550+

02) Google (themselves) will be disappointed with the release of the Nexus 4, because it will hurt the good sales of Motorola's higher end yet out dated (according to your post yesterday) devices like Razr HD, Razr MAXX HD, Atrix 4G, etc, etc.,

03) will hurt HTC too, because their best selling phones were Outdated (according to you) HTC One series, Droid lines for Verizon, etc,

OR you could have posted it on the iMore forum. Because Apple sells more 10s of million (Outdated according to you) iPhones every year for twice the price of the Nexus 4. So with the release of the Nexus 4, their iPhone sales will decreased from few millions to few thousands.

The lease concerned will be the Microsoft, because they are already at the bottom, with few thousand smartphone sales per each quarter. The only way from bottom is upwards or stay at the bottom. So it won't hurt Microsoft OR their WP division. Now I think, you will understand why your post is hated here. ;)

My god! I said so much? I didn't even talk to my wife so much yesterday. hahah..

Ok jokes apart, I stand by my word. Samsung is a cheap build and over priced too (that's called insult to injury). Apple, yes overpriced and that very fact sells it like hot cake. There is just one difference between them though. People don't see (realize) it and with Apple, people know that very well. Anyways, that's not the point.

Sometimes people just fail to see the point. My point with my post about the NeXuS 4 isnt about the phone or comparing it with any of the WP8 devices. It is for comparing the marketing and the strategy Google played.

Believe me, if WP8 had either of it, high-end specs, or a low price, I was sold. Sorry to admit, it has none.

But I still love WP8. BTW, technically, a WP7 was my first smartphone.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Just a couple of FYI:

You do know that it lacks lte and expandable memory right?

Sent from something AMAZING using my pinkie

yes, I am aware of that. That's why I am saying, its not like I am gone. I will wait for reviews. To be fair, Android phones do stutter and WP8 devices are butter smooth.

I was happy with 16 gig on the HTC 8X, so I am happy here as well. :)

ramcoza

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
My god! I said so much? I didn't even talk to my wife so much yesterday. hahah..

Ok jokes apart, I stand by my word. Samsung is a cheap build and over priced too (that's called insult to injury). Apple, yes overpriced and that very fact sells it like hot cake. There is just one difference between them though. People don't see (realize) it and with Apple, people know that very well. Anyways, that's not the point.

Sometimes people just fail to see the point. My point with my post about the NeXuS 4 isnt about the phone or comparing it with any of the WP8 devices. It is for comparing the marketing and the strategy Google played.

Believe me, if WP8 had either of it, high-end specs, or a low price, I was sold. Sorry to admit, it has none.

But I still love WP8. BTW, technically, a WP7 was my first smartphone.

So according to you, from now on people looking for a smartphone for $300 and over will buy only Nexus 4. No matter whether they are looking for Samsung Galaxy S series, No matter they are looking for HTC One S, X, X+, Droid series, No matter whether they are looking for other ecosystems like iOS, WP OR BB. So this tells, No Galaxy S III mini, Galaxy S3, Galaxy premier, Galaxy note II will be sold from November 12th. No iPhone5 will be sold from the Nov 13th. No WP8 devices will be sold from November 12th? And more than 50% of the total smartphone sold in year 2013 will be Nexus 4? 100% smartphone, costs $300 or more sold in 2013 will be nexus4?

Lets see what happens, then. :p

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
So according to you, from now on people looking for a smartphone for $300 and over will buy only Nexus 4. No matter whether they are looking for Samsung Galaxy S series, No matter they are looking for HTC One S, X, X+, Droid series, No matter whether they are looking for other ecosystems like iOS, WP OR BB. So this tells, No Galaxy S III mini, Galaxy S3, Galaxy premier, Galaxy note II will be sold from November 12th. No iPhone5 will be sold from the Nov 13th. No WP8 devices will be sold from November 12th? And more than 50% of the total smartphone sold in year 2013 will be Nexus 4? 100% smartphone, costs $300 or more sold in 2013 will be nexus4?

Lets see what happens, then. :p

You have just joined and this is like your second post. Way to go brother. You have a bright future here.
Hope you buy the most expensive WP8 device, buy all the apps you want from the market, and then when people around with a Quad core, 2GB RAM and a bigger screen laugh at you, you realize how right (or wrong) you are. Anyways, I'm done arguing with people like you. This post is for people who understand where I am coming from.

Unlike you.

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Me.

Ok, first thing's first. I love you guys and love this place. I have made some great friends and some of them have even unfriended me. It's OK frankly. It is their choice. But I thought we make friends in spite of knowing the good as well as the bad.

Just yesterday, Google announced the Nexus 4. I honestly think it has all things I want from my next device and more. I am honestly in a quandary now. On the proverbial fence, in dual minds, whatever you want to call it.

The 8X is awesome too. But had it had a slightly bigger screen and a little better specs, I wouldn't be writing this now. So I am not disappearing without a reason.

Also, there seems to be some sort of, please excuse me for using the word, fanboism in certain members. Thankfully, not every one here is infected with the virus. This, for me is thoroughly unacceptable. As long as I was supporting WP and talking good things about it, I was a part of the "circle". But as soon as I liked something else, BOOM! I am an outcast. You will see a little less of me now around here.

In the end, if I have hurt anyone, that of course never being my intention, I apologize. I am sorry to have said something that you may have found offensive. I am saying this with honesty.

It was a really really great experience, and an even awesome journey, where I have picked a lot of things on the way.

In the end, if anyone wants to ask, abuse, talk, vent out or simply wanna say a casual hi, I am just a PM away. :D

Cheers and be good!
XENO.

I'm in the same boat as you if no information is given by Saturday then I'm jumping ship as I have waited long enough for wp8 to get its act together Nokia is such a disappointment along with at&t. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo