Yet another member bites the dust...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramcoza

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
You have just joined and this is like your second post. Way to go brother. You have a bright future here.
Hope you buy the most expensive WP8 device, buy all the apps you want from the market, and then when people around with a Quad core, 2GB RAM and a bigger screen laugh at you, you realize how right (or wrong) you are. Anyways, I'm done arguing with people like you. This post is for people who understand where I am coming from.

Unlike you.

Well you said "Hope you buy the most expensive WP8 device"
Ha ha.. Forward this same message to all the people who will be buying HTC One series with Tegra 3 and S4 dual core android phones, Google's own Motorola's latest android phone offerings with S4 dual cores, Samsung's S3 LTE android phones with S4 dual cores and S3 with Exynos 4, Galxy S3 mini with dual code nova thor, Glaxy premier with Omap 4470 dual core And future iphone 5 (Dual core) users. Because those ignorant people are more than 25 times higher number than the ignorant WP users(As you said WP8 users are ignorant people because they will buy dual core WP8 devices in the future rather than quad core).

Why are you teaching your social interest to the minor community of ignorant people. Go and start your campaign with major ignorant communities like Android and iOS. Seriously I am appreciating your social interest, dude. I thought you are already on a busy schedule to carry your prestige message to those major communities. ;)

You said "You have just joined and this is like your second post. Way to go brother. You have a bright future here. "
Way to go, Dude. I joined here well before you join.
The difference between the two is, I never post any BULL****, even though I am a member here for more than 7 months. Have a good day!

Last edited:

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as you if no information is given by Saturday then I'm jumping ship as I have waited long enough for wp8 to get its act together Nokia is such a disappointment along with at&t. :mad:

:) To be very honest, I don't even know how much it will cost as I need to allocate funds. I need to know how much to sell my RaZr for...there is absolutely no word on pricing by HTC...sad.

Sent from my RaZr HD.

BooMaLiCiOuS

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Just read the OP's post about the Nexus and sorry you have been shunned by a few. Honestly you can't take it to heart, and just know people on the net can be shady. You will get the same reaction on the Droid forums and apple forums for expressing a different opinion.

Hope your Nexus goes well for you, and Windows will always be here for your eventual return! Haha

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Just read the OP's post about the Nexus and sorry you have been shunned by a few. Honestly you can't take it to heart, and just know people on the net can be shady. You will get the same reaction on the Droid forums and apple forums for expressing a different opinion.

Hope your Nexus goes well for you, and Windows will always be here for your eventual return! Haha

Thanks...It just because of a rotten few, I have to leave the good guys... thank for understanding...I'm still on the fence, but leaning towards Android TBH...
The pride and the specs are killer. IMHO.

Sent from my RaZr HD.

BooMaLiCiOuS

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Specs are good indeed. I am coming from a single core 1ghz processor android which still runs really well. As others have stated, I don't see any devs utilizing the quad core and 2GB of RAM for a while as a ton of phones are dual core and more dual core droids will be released.

For example, I was one if he first adopters of Intel's quad core CPU on my desktop. Utterly useless at the time. However, I still have the computer and runs really well on games and applications to this day. If you are looking to future proof your phone, this seems like the right choice. If you are any normal tech guy then you know you will probably purchase a new device sooner than later making the "future proof" theory null and void.

Just something to think about with technology now days. :)

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Specs are good indeed. I am coming from a single core 1ghz processor android which still runs really well. As others have stated, I don't see any devs utilizing the quad core and 2GB of RAM for a while as a ton of phones are dual core and more dual core droids will be released.

For example, I was one if he first adopters of Intel's quad core CPU on my desktop. Utterly useless at the time. However, I still have the computer and runs really well on games and applications to this day. If you are looking to future proof your phone, this seems like the right choice. If you are any normal tech guy then you know you will probably purchase a new device sooner than later making the "future proof" theory null and void.

Just something to think about with technology now days. :)

Agree. I will tell you why I'm liking the NX4. Pricing is the foremost reason and then specs. Its good to have a quad core system and not have apps that use it rather than than the other way round. And seeing the way our tech world is progressing, it is stupid to think we won't have quad-optimized apps in the near future. That's how I'm thinking...

Sent from my RaZr HD.

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Sorry but you're sounding like your an overly sensitive individual. What did you honestly expect from posting that on a hardcore WP fan site? Like somebody else pointed out, you would have gotten the same reaction if you would have done the opposite on a dedicated Android/iOS fan site.

You talk about specs but then ignore the N4's jarring flaws. Truth is, unlike PC's, people upgrade their phones far more frequently. You can afford to wait a few years on a PC for software to take advantage of hardware. But on a phone, by the time you have compelling and optimized software taking advantage of your quad-cores, you'll be upgrading to the next best thing, And thus the cycle continues.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
And seeing the way our tech world is progressing, it is stupid to think we won't have quad-optimized apps in the near future. That's how I'm thinking...

You are wrong on that one, but you are free to do as you will of course.

I'm not saying your choice of device is wrong. There certainly are good reasons to buy the N4, price is certainly one of them. IMHO the SoC isn't, not the least of reasons being that much of that SoC is simply going to waste on Android. Sadly, that even includes the awesome GPU on the N4.

Ultimately, what you are buying is a user experience. That is what you should view yourself investing your dollars towards. In that respect, the operating system is much more relevant than any of the differences between modern SoC's. WP's much more integrated and consistent approach to the user experience is its main selling point. If you've appreciated that so far on WP7, than I'll be happy to welcome you back in a year or two, once you've witnessed androids inconsistent mess first hand.

;)

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Sorry but you're sounding like your an overly sensitive individual. What did you honestly expect from posting that on a hardcore WP fan site? Like somebody else pointed out, you would have gotten the same reaction if you would have done the opposite on a dedicated Android/iOS fan site.

You talk about specs but then ignore the N4's jarring flaws. Truth is, unlike PC's, people upgrade their phones far more frequently. You can afford to wait a few years on a PC for software to take advantage of hardware. But on a phone, by the time you have compelling and optimized software taking advantage of your quad-cores, you'll be upgrading to the next best thing, And thus the cycle continues.

"Jarring flaws"...that's some big words my friend..care to explain like what? If you are talking about the security issue, I know all about it. But apart from that, I'm not aware of anything that could categorise as "jarring".
And also, even WP has its own set of shortcomings don't ya think?

The fact that I have to repeat myself again and again shows how people pull the trigger without even thinking...don't tell me what others think, tell me what YOU think. And the post/thread was NOT(for the enth time) about the comparisons of the phones. But about Google's strategy...

They know in this day and age, its a about higher specs & competitive pricing. Tell me, WHY should I pick Lumia920 over the Nexus 4? Camera..that's not what I'm looking for..better screen? I've got a 4.7" with the same, if not a better screen. Dual core? I've got a quad core. Apps? I've got a market full of those.
And then the pricing...look at 8S and the 8X. And then look at the NeXus 4.

I think it will take a while for people like you to develop a rational view about it.

Sent from my RaZr HD.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Well you said "Hope you buy the most expensive WP8 device"
Ha ha.. Forward this same message to all the people who will be buying HTC One series with Tegra 3 and S4 dual core android phones, Google's own Motorola's latest android phone offerings with S4 dual cores, Samsung's S3 LTE android phones with S4 dual cores and S3 with Exynos 4, Galxy S3 mini with dual code nova thor, Glaxy premier with Omap 4470 dual core And future iphone 5 (Dual core) users. Because those ignorant people are more than 25 times higher number than the ignorant WP users(As you said WP8 users are ignorant people because they will buy dual core WP8 devices in the future rather than quad core).

Why are you teaching your social interest to the minor community of ignorant people. Go and start your campaign with major ignorant communities like Android and iOS. Seriously I am appreciating your social interest, dude. I thought you are already on a busy schedule to carry your prestige message to those major communities. ;)

You said "You have just joined and this is like your second post. Way to go brother. You have a bright future here. "
Way to go, Dude. I joined here well before you join.
The difference between the two is, I never post any BULL****, even though I am a member here for more than 7 months. Have a good day!

A member more than 7 months..and not a single post? Hmm..Wonder what kept you away. Anyways...I have no idea why I'm the lucky one who brought you out of your hiatus.

And honestly I fail to grasp your argument. Cause half the time you are quoting me. "YOU SAID blah blah..." some gibberish & "YOU SAID blah blah..."
So what are your trying to say?

And I don't need to tell anyone what to do. Specially a smart Alex like you. You seem to be pretty much knowledgeable and wise to trample anyone who doesn't think like you ( Jihad anyone?)

And this is just one last warning to people like you. Stay the f*ck off if you have nothing better to do than bad mouth others or have nothing valuable to contribute. I'm keeping my words polite doesn't mean I can't use obscenities.

Sent from my RaZr HD.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe he was posting this to MS. He was posting it to members of this community that have gotten to know him and would truly be wondering where he went.

Thanx Winning Guy. I am really feeling bad about my expression of what I thought was a rational argument. Admins can close this thread.

Sent from my RaZr HD.

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
"Jarring flaws"...that's some big words my friend..care to explain like what? If you are talking about the security issue, I know all about it. But apart from that, I'm not aware of anything that could categorise as "jarring".
And also, even WP has its own set of shortcomings don't ya think?

The fact that I have to repeat myself again and again shows how people pull the trigger without even thinking...don't tell me what others think, tell me what YOU think. And the post/thread was NOT(for the enth time) about the comparisons of the phones. But about Google's strategy...

They know in this day and age, its a about higher specs & competitive pricing. Tell me, WHY should I pick Lumia920 over the Nexus 4? Camera..that's not what I'm looking for..better screen? I've got a 4.7" with the same, if not a better screen. Dual core? I've got a quad core. Apps? I've got a market full of those.
And then the pricing...look at 8S and the 8X. And then look at the NeXus 4.

I think it will take a while for people like you to develop a rational view about it.

Sent from my RaZr HD.

Listen to what you're saying. Re-read your comment. Weather intended or not, you're coming across in a real negative manner.

How are you supposed to get the reaction YOU want by sounding like that.... on a dedicated WP fan site. You're certainly not going to get any love, not because you are considering a rival platform, but the way you are coming across. If I didn't know any better, that third paragraph might easily be confused as a troll comment.

And what do you mean "people like you"? Seriously, put the shovel down before you make the hole so deep you won't be able to climb out.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Listen to what you're saying. Re-read your comment. Weather intended or not, you're coming across in a real negative manner.

How are you supposed to get the reaction YOU want by sounding like that.... on a dedicated WP fan site. You're certainly not going to get any love, not because you are considering a rival platform, but the way you are coming across. If I didn't know any better, that third paragraph might easily be confused as a troll comment.

And what do you mean "people like you"? Seriously, put the shovel down before you make the hole so deep you won't be able to climb out.

Fair enough...I think it is good bye from me.

Sent from my RaZr HD.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
There is nothing wrong with liking other platforms on this site, but there are other posters here (not including you) that are clearly in favour of Android and iOS who do nothing but bash WP at every opportunity they get. They keep telling us how the other platforms are better, which on a Windows Phone site will get you negative reactions.

If you feel the Nexus 4 is a better phone then I can't change your mind on that. I personally have no problems with people using the devices that they prefer if they bring you more happiness. I used to be an Android fan until I got sick of it and switched to WP7 - at the same time instead of posting on Android forums on how bad I thought Android had become, I decided to start posting on Windows Phone communities which was a better use of my time.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Xenophos, I've enjoyed reading your posts during your time here.

Good luck with your new device.

No need to stay away, even when your get your Nexus 4.

I know people who have multiple devices on multiple platforms. They like to switch devices, and it's always a learning experience to see what people observe when they use multiple platforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel