Should I take back feature phone for repair/refurb?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
My mother is on my account with AT&T and uses a feature phone from Pantech.

She has been having problems with it.

When she talks, she hears her own voice repeating and sounds like a quacking duck.

When she calls me, she sounds like she is talking under water, even though she is not using a Bluetooth.

She got the phone a couple months ago.

Should I take it back to AT&T for warranty repair/replacement with a refurbished device?

I already tried several battery pulls the last time I was at her house, and the battery pulls have not helped.

I'm not familiar with sound quality of feature phones or issues like this, since it's been years since I've had a feature phone.

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
yes take it back. If your having problems with the phone then it needs to be fixed. If in store service will not help then call the help line instead. It usually works out better that way.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
yes take it back. If your having problems with the phone then it needs to be fixed. If in store service will not help then call the help line instead. It usually works out better that way.

I'll stop at the store tomorrow in that case.

When my mother first told me about the "quacking duck sounds" I almost spit my coffee on my monitor and started laughing. However, I tried her phone and heard those sounds too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss