07-09-2018 04:53 AM
89 ... 234
tools
    Underworld, Orbital.. not quite trance but some of their stuff is quite good

... !
    I've been spending a lot of time on Beatport.com lately. :)
    raycpl and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-23-2018 08:33 PM
    Good music never goes out of style. My 19 year-old daughter looooooves Donna Summer and Earth, Wind & Fire. Chip off the old block.
    Very true.

I took a Music History class back in college and it was interesting to me to experience how rooted jazz is in the culture of music today. Even now I can find a jazz flavor mixed in with whatever genre I am looking at. Jazz goes back kinda far and I believe it was the turning point in Music history...

I grew up on stuff like Depeche Mode, and Alice N Chains but was not limited to that. My parents took me to concerts for bands I was into, and later as I grew up I tagged along with friends into shows and saw bands like Dream Theatre (Man they Rock!). You have to give the youth an opportunity to be exposed to as much as possible imo. Otherwise they will never know what they are missing. Plus they themselves will never know what they might be interested in until they witness it.
    raycpl, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-23-2018 08:44 PM
    Not a cover but back in the day there was a club mix that blended I Feel Love with Giorgio Moroder's The Chase and it was insane.
    That's a new one to me!!
    That Patrick Cowley mix is probably the ultimate ...

in the meantime.. the orgasmic Love to love you, baby anyone?... not!!

... !
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-23-2018 11:11 PM
    You have to give the youth an opportunity to be exposed to as much as possible imo.
    I couldn't possibly agree more. It's a shame how music and other arts are being whittled away from our public schools. If left to the current regime's devices, music will be something kids read about in history books.
    libra89, nate0 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-24-2018 06:25 AM
    I got into trance a few years ago. I was so upset when the Digitally Imported app on Windows Mobile stopped working.
    I'm a big trance fan.

Are there any Chicane fans here?

Lamb is my favourite Genesis album. My second favourite Genesis album is Foxtrot, since I love Supper's Ready.

Kraftwerk is excellent and underrated.
    I love all Genesis albums really. My favourite is probably Wind & Wuthering or Trick of the Tail. I like all eras of the band, even with Ray Wilson. Sad thay they never did a follow up album together.

Mmm. Probably SEBTP would be first since it was my first Genesis album. Second would probably be Trespass (live The Knife) but you can’t go wrong with any of them.
    Another Genesis fan! Sorry, I don't know any others, except my dad who got me in to them to start with.

Underworld, Orbital.. not quite trance but some of their stuff is quite good

... !
    Underworld and Orbital are both superb!
    raycpl, nate0 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-24-2018 08:12 AM
    Are there any Chicane fans here?
    Absolutely. One of the classics come to mind, Saltwater. I like bumping Leaving Town in my car :)
    04-24-2018 09:11 AM
    Absolutely. One of the classics come to mind, Saltwater. I like bumping Leaving Town in my car :)
    Awesome to see Chicane fans here too. New album out in June!
    04-25-2018 12:40 AM
    Big Band
    Classic Jazz
    50's Rock and Roll
    Classic Country

Music that I can understand the word and music that you can dance and know who you are dancing with.
    Belly rubbing dance music.
    raycpl, nate0, fatclue_98 and 1 others like this.
    04-25-2018 07:34 AM
    Im digging this at the moment

... !
    Laura Knotek and nate0 like this.
    04-25-2018 08:44 AM
    Here's a new album I just got.
    nate0, libra89 and raycpl like this.
    05-05-2018 02:47 PM
    I grew up listening to the alt rock era of the 90s, and I fell hard for the indie rock scene of the 2000s. But ultimately, I listen to a crazy variety of music. I find myself listening to everything including Pink Floyd, Boston, Dandy Warhols, Frightened Rabbit, Gin Blossoms, Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers, Hold Steady, Tom Petty, STP, and so much more.

I can't tell you my favorite band, but I can narrow it down to 30 or 50 or so.
    05-11-2018 09:01 AM
    I can't tell you my favorite band, but I can narrow it down to 30 or 50 or so.
    Same here.
    Last edited by Zaneti; 05-17-2018 at 01:27 AM.
    jmshub, Laura Knotek and raycpl like this.
    05-16-2018 02:23 AM
    Any music with a message. I am not choosy
    07-06-2018 01:51 AM
    dance electronic, pop , R&B soul,romantic jazz.
    07-09-2018 04:53 AM
89 ... 234