Att stupid sales rep

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
My brother had an iPhone 5 and after playing with my Lumia 920 he fell in love with it. He went to an att cor store today to get the white phone and the att sales rep did everything in his power no to sell the Lumia over an android or just staying with his current i5. The best line was " well guy its running windows which means you're going to need a virus scanner" I laughed and so did my brother and then I called the manager over and he made the sale. Dumb dumb
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear that.

Whenever I visit the nearest AT&T corporate store I always get the manager to take care of me. He knows me and also knows that I'm technically-inclined. The last time I visited to upgrade, I just told him what I wanted, and he got it for me. I also told him I'd take care of setting up my device at home, so all he did was put in the SIM and turn the device on.

I also had good service at another AT&T corporate store when I needed to get a feature phone for my mother, who is on my account.

Unfortunately, there are good and bad employees everywhere, but I've not had a problem at the two stores I've been.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
It was funny because he really pushed my brother to stay with his iPhone 5. But my brother doesn't like it. He has hated the iPhone since 4 and his 5 is going to his fianc?. He likes his white 920. So far no battery or reboot issues. If he did have them I'd feel guilty because he playe with my phone and liked it so much so after telling him about the apps and features he wanted it

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
It's embarrasing seeing this mis-information potentially being spread to less informed consumers. Thankfully your brother had you around to show him otherwise.

sugarsmax321

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
lol I was in about 6 stores today and finally found a Nokia wireless charging dock (the last one, too). Best Buy was rude, Verizon aggressive, and one AT&T store hasn't received any wireless docks yet. The guy at the Verizon store told me the 920 needs a sleeve, and I had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
lol I was in about 6 stores today and finally found a Nokia wireless charging dock (the last one, too). Best Buy was rude, Verizon aggressive, and one AT&T store hasn't received any wireless docks yet. The guy at the Verizon store told me the 920 needs a sleeve, and I had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing.

That is excusable since Verizon doesn't actually carry the phone

yetanotherguy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I went with my wife to get her a 920, and she wanted the red one.... they did not have one in store but the rep whipped one out which she was using as her work phone, which she admitted she rarely used. She was nice and helpful (as in did not try to push her towards any other phone) and explained to her how the phone is one of the best because it has a loud ringtone and good microphone and speakers.... but it should not be considered the phone of choice if my wife wanted to do anything other than call and text, mentioning the lacks of apps, and, wait for it, lack of social networking support..... I was so tempted to say "excuse me, but....." .... I guess having it as her work phone means she relied only on the stand alone apps and things, without integrating the networks into the phone causing her to feel that way..... unfortunately, we were in a time crunch so could not do some educating..... :)

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I have not had any "bad" experiences in a long time, but most sales people know very little about WP. When I went to play with the 920, the rep was polite but very uncomfortable. Couldn't even explain to me why the 8X next to it was different, or why it wouldn't turn on (it was not charging for some reason). I also was polite and let it go.

She also had NO idea about BB10. I should have tossed a couple questions about Android, just to see if she was just Mobile illiterate.

If we go back 3 years, my absolute favorite was interrupting a sales man at Best Buy telling this old couple not to buy the BlackBerry they wanted because BlackBerry had just been bought out and didn't even make or support their devices anymore. That was one time I just couldn't stand it....

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
It's embarrasing seeing this mis-information potentially being spread to less informed consumers.

That's why Android is the market leader lol. Sales rep: "you have never owned a smartphone? Android is perfect for you!" Clumsy, slow, and confusing...
So the real question is why is Android STILL the market leader...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss