Bing rewards and Windows Phone earning points for WP store

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
So, If you have not heard you can earn points on Bing through Bing rewards by using it as your search engine. You can use the point's you earn to redeem for various rewards.
one of those rewards is prepaid cards for the windows Phone store :D

Here is a link: Bing - Rewards (referral link).

Does anyone know if there is a way to use Bing rewards on your phone? I use my phone to research all the time and it would be a great way to earn up some points on the go.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Unfortunately using the integrated bing search doesn't give you credit, but searching via browser should as long as it's logged in to your MS account via the site.

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I tried logging in from the browser but it just keeps looping the logon screen. The one that says choose windows live I.D. or login with Facebook. Oh well

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Also, in case you are wondering, when your Microsoft balance gets below a usable level of funds... Mine was sitting at $0.72 and wasn't enough to buy an app. Fear not, the next time you get another $5 credit for the WP8 store, the old balance and new balance are added together! So now I'm at $5.72... Well, not for long anyway. 😏

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enSYlCEz5VI&sns=em

I was worried it would keep each one separate and you would loose the unusable amount.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I really wish they would let you buy credit for the WP7 store. I've got a bunch of bing rewards points to use up and I'd love some apps for my phone. Oh well, guess I'll go with either MS points for my Xbox or Amazon gift cards.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I really wish they would let you buy credit for the WP7 store. I've got a bunch of bing rewards points to use up and I'd love some apps for my phone. Oh well, guess I'll go with either MS points for my Xbox or Amazon gift cards.
It all comes down to the new wallet in WP8... If they add that feature to 7.8, then it should work.

xFalk

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Bing Rewards since it started and used to rake in a fair amount frequent flyer miles. Since the reduction in reward choices I pretty much stick to the $5 Amazon gift cards. I would like to get some $5 WP8 app rewards but it takes 40 more points to get $5 from Microsoft than it does from Amazon. It's only a few days worth of searching but over time those points add up. So unless MS reduces the cost for a $5 WP8 reward I'll stick to Amazon.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Signed up with Bing rewards a few days ago and I'm at 88 credits. A long way off from the 525 required, but this is a nice service from Bing :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea