08-14-2016 02:20 AM
228 1234 ...
tools
    looks great. I also like cityscapes. I don't know if my eyes are deceiving me, but is that a real city? And if so, what city is it?
    This is from a game " Mirror's Edge " . And so is my profile picture. The fictional city in that game looks phenomenal. Its has great wallpapers too.
    Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express
    Laura Knotek, xandros9 and gedzum like this.
    11-28-2012 02:43 PM
    This is from a game " Mirror's Edge " . And so is my profile picture. The fictional city in that game looks phenomenal. Its has great wallpapers too.
    Thanks, it had me wondering for quite a while. It's a shame I won't get a chance to visit it then
    11-29-2012 03:33 AM
    11-29-2012 03:53 AM
    Sorry this city is a bit too clean.

http://mybesthdwallpapers.com/wp-con...Wallpapers.jpg
    Laura Knotek and gedzum like this.
    11-29-2012 07:26 AM
    12-12-2012 01:27 AM
    Nice wallpaper. Just curious, what app is that between zune and excel?
    12-12-2012 04:40 AM
    Start Menu and Desktop, respectively:

modern-ui.pngdesktop.jpg
    12-12-2012 08:31 AM
    Nice wallpaper. Just curious, what app is that between zune and excel?
    It is Smores, a desktop client for a Campfire chat room. Smores - a Campfire client app for Windows!
    12-12-2012 01:05 PM
    Thanks Lak611 as always, I can usually venture a guess at those taskbar icons but that one had me stumped

Kebero, that dark theme looks great (black is my fav color). Makes me want a Windows 8 device badly now.
    12-13-2012 04:27 AM
    Thanks Lak611 as always, I can usually venture a guess at those taskbar icons but that one had me stumped

Kebero, that dark theme looks great (black is my fav color). Makes me want a Windows 8 device badly now.
    You're welcome. I even have a Windows Phone app called Ablaze for Campfire chat.
    12-13-2012 10:05 AM

WASP Inc is this gaming community I've been a part of for a long time and actually that wallpaper project was spearheaded by me as well (along with a whole lot of other things lol).

The story behind that is that the wallpaper is made by the ex-artist for the game All Points Bulletin, which is the game our community mainly played at the time. The game allows for deep character customization, so those characters are drawed using our actual in-game uniforms. What makes it special is that we managed to commission the recently resigned artist of the game to draw this to us with the "original APB artwork style". She had sworn to never do the APB artwork style anymore, but since she liked us, she made one more exception for us. We managed to commission this for fairly cheap seeing that she is a professional, but it was still a three figure number that our community managed to gather up in less than 24 hours through member donations for this project.

I'm really "proud" of the outcome, it's pretty much my wallpaper/lock screen everywhere, sometimes I even put it as lock screen on demo unit WPs in stores lol.
    Laura Knotek and gedzum like this.
    12-13-2012 10:25 AM
    My PC at work's wallpaper:
    utahsized.jpg
    12-13-2012 10:36 AM
    Windows 8 Desktop on my laptop

12-13-2012 11:14 AM
    http://wasp-inc.org/psd/Waspfinalclean1280.png

WASP Inc is this gaming community I've been a part of for a long time and actually that wallpaper project was spearheaded by me as well (along with a whole lot of other things lol).

The story behind that is that the wallpaper is made by the ex-artist for the game All Points Bulletin, which is the game our community mainly played at the time. The game allows for deep character customization, so those characters are drawed using our actual in-game uniforms. What makes it special is that we managed to commission the recently resigned artist of the game to draw this to us with the "original APB artwork style". She had sworn to never do the APB artwork style anymore, but since she liked us, she made one more exception for us. We managed to commission this for fairly cheap seeing that she is a professional, but it was still a three figure number that our community managed to gather up in less than 24 hours through member donations for this project.

I'm really "proud" of the outcome, it's pretty much my wallpaper/lock screen everywhere, sometimes I even put it as lock screen on demo unit WPs in stores lol.
    Wow! That's really cool you were able to get an artist to custom design a wallpaper for your group.
    12-13-2012 11:38 PM
    From 2006.... :-)
    naked_otters.jpg

Follow the link...humor ensues.
    pSERBoard.com :: View topic - Unbelievable photograph.
    12-14-2012 01:13 AM
    Trying out a new background and I finally figured out how to remove the bar for the CPU temp monitor, so now I can put temp next to CPU usage. Also changed the font to Segoe UI to give it the Windows 8 font look It's a subtle difference. Oh, and I staggered the monitoring bars along the bridge

12-15-2012 04:28 AM
    damnit.

Where do you guys get these pictures?

I just use the default windows images and have it on shuffle. LOL
    despertador and xandros9 like this.
    12-15-2012 04:35 AM
    LOL. I usually search for something like cityscapes, landscapes etc and look for something that catches my eye and a particular colour scheme depending on mood

I sometimes use those windows themes. They added some nice ones since last time I checked: Themes - Microsoft Windows
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-15-2012 04:42 AM
    I use this Windows 8 app to get some of my wallpapers. Backgrounds Wallpapers HD app for Windows in the Windows Store
    12-15-2012 09:56 AM
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-15-2012 10:20 AM
    12-15-2012 03:47 PM
    Trying out a new background and I finally figured out how to remove the bar for the CPU temp monitor, so now I can put temp next to CPU usage. Also changed the font to Segoe UI to give it the Windows 8 font look It's a subtle difference. Oh, and I staggered the monitoring bars along the bridge

http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps9e6d03a0.jpg
    what widgets/gadgets are you using? Really minimalist and attractive O.o
    12-15-2012 04:10 PM
    what widgets/gadgets are you using? Really minimalist and attractive O.o
    I'm using the mii system skin 2 for my system monitoring as well as time and date: mii system skin 2 by ~abu46 on deviantART

and I'm using Enigma for weather and skype desktop icon: Enigma Suite | Rainmeter, desktop customization tool

Just changed the font and sizes on the mii system skin to Segoe UI font size 8, but for date and time I set it to 12

I should mention, in order for the system monitoring to work you need the relevant application. In my case, I am using CoreTemp and MSI afterburner for CPU and GPU respectively
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-16-2012 09:22 AM
    Feeling Christmas-ey.
    Attached Thumbnails prezzies.jpg  
    12-16-2012 11:56 PM
    12-20-2012 12:38 AM
228 1234 ...