What are your favorite sports teams?

nwildcat

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
NFL - 49ers, Steelers
MLB - SF Giants, Oakland A's
NBA - Bulls
Tennis - Rafa, Serena

I do play Fantasy Football and I'm in the lead in one league and 3rd in the other, all comes down to playoffs.

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
MLB: Texas Rangers
NBA: OKC Thunder and San Antonio Spurs
NCAA: OU Sooners and Arkansas Razorbacks
NFL: Cowboys and 49ers (been a fan since the Joe Montana days)
Nascar: Jeff Gordon and Greg Biffle

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
NBA - Lakers (Diehard)
MLB - Dodgers (Diehard, but did stop fallowing when Murdock destroyed the whole organization.)
NCAAB - UCLA (Diehard)
NCAAF - Oregon (Becoming Diehard)
NFL - Hoping LA gets a team soon. If not, Seattle might be my team

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
NBA - Lakers (Diehard)
MLB - Dodgers (Diehard, but did stop fallowing when Murdock destroyed the whole organization.)
NCAAB - UCLA (Diehard)
NCAAF - Oregon (Becoming Diehard)
NFL - Hoping LA gets a team soon. If not, Seattle might be my team

Can't do San Fran eh?

or San Diego?

or Oakland?

Lol.

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
Can't do San Fran eh?

or San Diego?

or Oakland?

Lol.

Nope, I have no connections to those cities. I grew up in OC, CA now live in Eugene, OR. I was a Rams fan until they moved to St. Louis. And Seattle is considered the local team here in Eugene. :)

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Boston Bruins - I bleed black and gold. End the damn strike. Not used to cold weather and no games to go to.

New England Patriots

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Makes me a little nervous about them playing the Niners this week. If they punched an 11-1 Texans team in the face, a 9-3-1 team will probably suffer the same.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Makes me a little nervous about them playing the Niners this week. If they punched an 11-1 Texans team in the face, a 9-3-1 team will probably suffer the same.

The Giants usually strive in those situations... where they're the underdogs and expected to lose.

Look at the Saints game? Even in my weekly football pool I bet on the Saints. I don't remember the last time we beat them. Didn't know they were playing at home, might of went with Big Blue.

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
More of a College Sports fan. More intensity and spirit at that level than the pro's. Plus there's an intangible connection to the college teams if you attended that school. Auburn is my favorite team, Alabama comes in second, and North Carolina coming in third.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
More of a College Sports fan. More intensity and spirit at that level than the pro's. Plus there's an intangible connection to the college teams if you attended that school. Auburn is my favorite team, Alabama comes in second, and North Carolina coming in third.

Auburn .... AND Alabama???? This is simply not possible Mr Ponder. You need to understand the #1 rule of college sports: Love your team, hate the rivals. You need to do some SERIOUS soul searching here.... :angry:

Grew up in North Fort Myers Florida, so my loyalties are reflective of such:

NCAA Sports: Florida Gators in all sports (and I hate the U of GA, FSU, and Miami. Not by choice, it is the law :wink:).
NFL: Tampa Bay (with a slight disdain for the Dolphins).

As there were no NHL or Baseball teams in Florida when I was growing up, I have adopted:

NHL: St Louis Blues (END THE FREAKING LOCK OUT!! NHL CAN'T AFFORD THIS!!).
MLB: St. Louis Cardinals (This was mostly to tick off the Cub fans in my IL town I now call home :winktongue:).

Also one of the few Boxing fans left in the world, or at least in the US.

Also enjoy Tennis, and I prefer womens, actually. Find there to be longer rallies and more exciting points then in Mens.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
NBA: Cavaliers
NFL: Browns
NCAA football and basketball: Ohio State University (because my cousins went to OSU--they weren't football players, but I still follow OSU sports).

Those are the sports I follow. I'm not really interested in baseball, and we don't have an NHL team here.

Any Cleveland sports fan desearves a lifetime pass. Period. All the props and respect in the world.

And Columbus has a Semi-Pro NHL team. They kinda count. They are close enough, from the city of the Buckeyes, and lose enough to be related to Cleveland. (Too harsh?? :excited:)

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
Auburn .... AND Alabama???? This is simply not possible Mr Ponder. You need to understand the #1 rule of college sports: Love your team, hate the rivals. You need to do some SERIOUS soul searching here.... :angry:

Born and raised in Alabama so I know I'm going against the grain. Spent two years in North Carolina exposed to the UNC/Duke rivalry and lost a lot of the football mojo. If Auburn is playing Alabama, I'm cheering for Auburn but I'm not as Dye-hard as I used to be. Might be an age thing as well.

Otherwise I'm partial to Alabama. It'll be neat to see the BCS Championship not only stay in the SEC but also in the State of Alabama.

Travis Cherry

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Gig'em Aggies!

I wonder which teams are the most Windows Phone friendly (i.e. which teams provide official apps). I noticed the other day that Mark Cuban was a new WP supporter. Think his teams will create apps? There is a Dallas Mavericks app out there now, but I'm pretty sure it's not "official"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre