I'm so tired of seeing this word used regarding technology!!!!!

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
[h=2]Definition of ECOSYSTEM[/h]: the complex of a community of organisms and its environment functioning as an ecological unit....

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Dude, get used to it. "Upgradation" didn't used to be a word. Now it's in tech dictionaries around the world.

And I freakin' HATE that word.

Isror

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
ecosystem is generally thrown around by smug iFanboys to bash anything that doesn't cost 5x what it should and is missing an i infront of it.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
ecosystem is generally thrown around by smug iFanboys to bash anything that doesn't cost 5x what it should and is missing an i infront of it.

No, ecosystem is not exclusive to "smug iFanboys" at all.

Right or wrong, it's enter the lexicon for all phones/devices and it's a good way to describe the interrelationship between devices of the same or related platforms.

Isror

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
No, ecosystem is not exclusive to "smug iFanboys" at all.

Right or wrong, it's enter the lexicon for all phones/devices and it's a good way to describe the interrelationship between devices of the same or related platforms.

It is my opinion that ecosystem in technology terms is generally thrown around by smug iFanboys; that's when I see it used. Every time an argument comes up about another OS that competes with an Apple product, the first shots fired in the debate are ecosystem and how "evolved" Apple's is. When enough people with MBAs sitting around the table in Starbucks collecting unemployment checks parrot themselves with a word, eventually it becomes gospel.

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
That's a good question. Platform or operating system just don't have that "all-inclusive" sound to them. Environment maybe...

I don't think any of those make any more sense than ecosystem. Ecosystem is used to describe an interconnected "web" of products/services, could be across multiple platform/operating systems.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It is my opinion that ecosystem in technology terms is generally thrown around by smug iFanboys; that's when I see it used. Every time an argument comes up about another OS that competes with an Apple product, the first shots fired in the debate are ecosystem and how "evolved" Apple's is. When enough people with MBAs sitting around the table in Starbucks collecting unemployment checks parrot themselves with a word, eventually it becomes gospel.
Microsoft has used the term since at least 2004, before the iPhone existed. Microsoft Partner Ecosystem Flourishes

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...twork%2Fdocs%2FIDC_WP_0211.pdf&token=fNuRhvlB

Windows Hardware Ecosystem Events

Isror

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99