Just got my GF to go with 920! Woot!

Quin 2013

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
My GF and I have been waiting for our Tmo contract to end, and now that the time is here, I'm 85% sure that I've convinced her to get a 920.

I call that a total N L 920 win. In my part as well, because she has been all about the iPhone 5 band wagon. Now that she's had the time to really search and ask me why I want a 920, she's considered it to the point where I'm sure she's on board with THE best phone out there.

I call that a simi win. Simi; until she actually pays for the phone. But don't be confused, I didn't trick her into it, she wanted to know why I'm pushing so much for it: my reason are that I need a uber fast operating system for work and for my personal life. Although I'd be extremely happy to be with big red instead of at&t(mainly because Verizon has way better coverage), I think a 920 purchase is the better way to go than iphone. PERIOD.:grincry::winktongue::devil::winktongue::angry::grincry:

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
get ready for the lamenting about the sub par app functionalities between platforms and gripes about lack of proper Google Voice, the inability to kill an app, gripes about live tiles not updating consistently, hotmail not updating and reflecting the same inbox in real time on the web, and facebook "cluttering up" contacts. I'm going through all of that right now. Some of the complaints are pretty crazy, and I've learned how backasswards some iPhone workflows are, and how stubbornly hard they are to break.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Well, if they were doing something that was completely reasonable before, I can't really argue with that. However, if there is something they can still do but have to do it differently (but with the same or better level of efficiency) I have no sympathy for that. One thing that is most disturbing is the addiction to the in app out app pattern and the reluctance or refusal to use the built in functionalities (Facebook in particular) of the phone. It has been an interesting study in ecosystem psychology. One thing I have learned that is pretty disappointing is the severe lack of feature parity between iOS and WP when it comes to the eBay and Amazon apps. lots of filters and settings are missing in our apps apparently. I dunno if this is API limitations or developer laziness.

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Got my gf to switch too. She was a long time Android user. She didn't like Android all that much but it was what she was used to. She wanted an iPhone and she, for some reason, despised my HD7. There was no way I could get her to like WP7. Then I came home with my 920 and she fell in love. She bought a cyan one. She is missing a couple apps but other than that she loves it. She really appreciates how it works well and fluid with no hanging or freezes, unlike Android...

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Android will be an easier switch since there is no consistent set of workflows across 'roid devices that get ingrained in people's psyche.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos