Does anyone have brand loyalty?

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi all just wondering if anyone else have brand loyalty I want to get Windows Phone 8 but only when SONY enters the game or else I'm not buying. :wink:

I do love NOKIA but SONY is above NOKIA on my list of favorite brands. :devil:

Now I'm condescending buying a SONY ODIN or YUGA whenever it is release which is on android (im scared to go back but not that afraid). If you don't know what it is the rumour are it is 5 inch display with 1080p screen with whitemagic technology it an extra subpixel which is white. Quad core S4 Pro with 2GB of ram with a sexy design with glass all around the phone I seen some leak displays on the internet looks genuinely enough.

If nokia did a 5 inch 1080p display I would go over it with a heartbeat.

SO DOES ANYONE HAVE BRAND LOYALTY :amaze:

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I use to be real loyal to Palm because they made durable, dependable phones. Since Palm, I've had a Nokia N8, wife's Nokia 808, Samsung Galaxy S2, LG C900 and a HTC 7 Trophy. I probably favor Nokia now, but it's not the loyalty I had to Palm.

Last edited:

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
As a kid, I convinced myself I had to have everything Sony. Now, I think loyalty to a name that, in the long run, could give two s#@ts about my life is silly and kind of sad.

With that being said, I just use the devices that I feel work best for me and gives me the best bang for my buck

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I also have somwhat of a brand loyalty towards Nokia. The majority of the mobile phones I owned were nokia: 3310, 3650, 7250i, N97 mini, N900 and now the Lumia 800.

The only other company that comes to mind would be Sony: got an old laptop, video camera, MP3 player, radio, speakers, headphones and a Playstation 1 and 2

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I've owned more Nokia phones than any other brand, but I have used other brands.

I'm pretty much vendor-agnostic when it comes to computer hardware. I've had Dell, Toshiba and HP PCs. I've also had Canon, Epson and Brother printers. However, I am loyal to Intel processors; I won't buy AMD.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
1999-2004: feature phones including some old nokias, motorola's (before the razor) and samsungs) and palm pilots.

Late 2004 - Palm Treo 600 worst smartphone I ever owned.
2005-2009: Blackberry (they just worked)
2009: iPhone 3gs
Novemer 2010: HD7 one of my favorites :)
April 2012: Lumia 900 (two weeks, lot of issues)
April 2012: Titan II : fantastic Device
November 2012: Lumia 920: a good device but I am experiencing the phone overheating.

I honestly have a more favorable opinion of HTC as every device my wife and I have owned has been great and just works.

As for my wife, it is everything Apple. Trying to convert her to a windows phone has been fruitless mostly because of the way you purchase apps. (different thread)
This year we bought our first Apple Computer (iMac) and an ipad.

I have always had loyalty to microsoft as I grew up a stone throw away from their campus. It was a dream of mine to work for them growing up, and it still is.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm not blindly brand loyal, but for phones Nokia is always my first choice. With computers I prefer Apple and Lenovo (Thinkpad). I'm pretty loyal to Nokia because I think they make the best phones and because I really appreciate their commitment to Windows Phone and their customer service.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm not blindly brand loyal, but for phones Nokia is always my first choice. With computers I prefer Apple and Lenovo (Thinkpad). I'm pretty loyal to Nokia because I think they make the best phones and because I really appreciate their commitment to Windows Phone and their customer service.
My next computer will probably be a Lenovo Ultrabook. I was thinking about the Surface Pro, but its specs do not impress me. Lenovo has some nice Ultrabooks now, and I believe more will be on the way.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
For me, brands that earn my trust get my business. Brands that undermine my trust get the boot. Brands that go "above and beyond" inspire my passionate loyalty (and are rare). I think most people are the same.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
My next computer will probably be a Lenovo Ultrabook. I was thinking about the Surface Pro, but its specs do not impress me. Lenovo has some nice Ultrabooks now, and I believe more will be on the way.

I was at Best buy today looking at the Lenovo Ultra Yoga. It is a pretty neat hybrid laptop. the only issues is that the screen orientation wasn't correct on a couple of settings

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes and no!

I don't trust HTC at all. But I still continue to give them tries.

I do trust Apple and have only used their iPhone and iPad devices, aside from my Macintosh back in the nineties, playing Oregon Trail at the Boys & Girls club.

All the Nokia devices I've had have also been top notch. Started with flip phones, then with my first Nokia smartphone, the 6682.

With Nokia, it's been because of their build quality, reception and battery life. With apple, it's been because of aesthetics and customer support.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
My first smartphone was a Nokia. When I decided to switch from BlackBerry to Windows Phone, I immediately decided upon Nokia due to my satisfaction with the build quality of previous Nokia smartphones and feature phones.

IceDree

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
They have to earn my trust first in order to loyal to a brand
Personally, I prefer Motorola when it comes to phones , my experiences with Motorola phones was & still great , even before Android came to the picture ... I owned a Razr V3X, A MileStone & currently i've an Atrix & a XOOM . We still have a SLVR L7 in our house, like brand new
Tough, Durable, Excellent radios, Loud speakers & Reliable

Apple & Sony makes great hardware, but requires a lot of attention to keep them in a good condition
I have no prior experince with HTC , I'm hoping to get an 8X around Jan\Fab.

I try to avoid Nokia even though my first phone was a 3510i , I had a bad experinces with them a few years ago , now they are the opposite of Motorola to me

I give credit where it due, Nokia have some great designs , but I won't fall for it again ... same with Acer !

Lenovo makes hellva hardware, I had an IBM ThinkPad R50e & its my favorite laptop, I currently have a Dell Inspiron ... so far so good

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Can't say i have any time for brand loyalty these days, especially with phones.

I want a phone that meets my needs, at a reasonable cost, decent quality, and with the OS i choose. I'll get the device that most meets my needs, if i happen to have more than one option, then brand loyalty may sway me, but i'm not going to limit my choices, just because of loyalty.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
As far as brand loyalty for cell phones it would have to be Samsung. Though I would never purchase anything from LG no matter what product it is.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

benrp

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I have mainly Microsoft stuff and my surface has been good, although I am liking Nokia more and more these days.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Brand loyalty... nope. I have prefered brands but I am in no way attached to them. I only have an avoidance list.

I'm pretty much the same. I have certain brands that i prefer, and others that I avoid.

I don't think it's logical to be loyal to some giant company since being loyal to them usually doesn't get you anything in return.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos