Nokia Stock

LikeWaah

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Closed up 12.79% today! That was a huge run, and has exceeded my expectations. I think part of it may be on estimates that they will sell ~6 million Lumias in China alone, making a shot at ~10 million worldwide a very real possibility.

I expect a bit of profit taking on friday, not sure how the stock will move tomorrow. It's possible shorts will try to pile on tomorrow. If the stock continues to move up tomorrow and friday, I think we may have seen a true breakout and the trading range should be adjusted.

But honestly I'm not a trader, I'm just guessing at what might happen to fine tune my judgment. I'm holding on until I can retire! Just kidding, but that would be a dream come true...

Zenite

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys do you remember the dotcom bubble.. My dad sold his over 10 year old long term shares @*~$40/35€ and made a fortune. Looong way to go up there 8D

Nokia's stock price was still going ballistic as the company swept all before it on the mobile phone front. Soon it would be reported that there were more than 7,000 "Nokia millionaires" in Finland (Country of 5+ million people.)
Helsingin Sanomat - International Edition

I won't touch consumer electronics stocks neva

viktor_k

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yea, pretty sure NOK will see a drop to around 3.70 before next week, but if i'm wrong then good for them. Its a bit scary touching a stock that has so much activity.

viktor_k

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
another factor is windows phone OS, but microsoft isn't doing very well, you'd think they would lead if the outlook for OS was good.

LikeWaah

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Yea, pretty sure NOK will see a drop to around 3.70 before next week, but if i'm wrong then good for them. Its a bit scary touching a stock that has so much activity.

Why? If you know what you have, then you just let the market fluctuate. I think this stock is massively undervalued. It could go back to $2.50 tomorrow and I'd be just fine. Sure I would have preferred to sell first, then buy back, but I'm more concerned about missing the jump up. As long as the trend is up, I'm in for the ride. Can't wait until the golden cross, we'll have technical traders pouring in. :grin:

viktor_k

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well, its at 3.70 today, i'm sure the stock will rise up above 20$ in the next 2-3 years, so long term I see good gains, but short term day traders will milk this stock for at least a few more months, so you'll see these big swings specially with news rolling in every other day.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
If Nokia takes China and India in marketshare, the rest of the world can go pound sand...including the United States of Applefanbois.

viktor_k

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
yea, China is big for them, and of course India loves microsoft, so those two markets look good for them. The only problem is that China or India have never been able to set a trend (at least in technology) they follow trends but not lead or establish them. So even if it does succeed in China and India, it won't mean that it will catch on in US. I'd like to see it though, there are some signs out there that people are starting to understand that there's more than Google and Apple, so that's good.

LikeWaah

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Viktor, I meant why do you find it scary to hold a position in such a volatile stock? We know it's not going to 0 anytime soon.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Nokia is a great buy right now anywhere below $5.00 per. Nokia is pretty strong with a great design team, I like this stock in the mid-range low long...

viktor_k

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Viktor, I meant why do you find it scary to hold a position in such a volatile stock? We know it's not going to 0 anytime soon.

Yea, i figured that's what you meant, forgot to reply about that though. There are people that look at 3$ and feel that if eventually they sell at 10$ that's good enough, and there are people that will make 3x as much with the same number of stock. Of course there are those people that like to be in that latter category but end up loosing their pants. I'd like to think I'm not going to loose my pants. Luckily I'm not playing with large sum yet.

LikeWaah

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Yea, i figured that's what you meant, forgot to reply about that though. There are people that look at 3$ and feel that if eventually they sell at 10$ that's good enough, and there are people that will make 3x as much with the same number of stock. Of course there are those people that like to be in that latter category but end up loosing their pants. I'd like to think I'm not going to loose my pants. Luckily I'm not playing with large sum yet.

I see. I think volatility just gives us more opportunities to buy undervalued stocks, and sell overvalued stocks. IOW, volatility gives us opportunities. Whether we make the right decision for the opportunity is up to us.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't have money to invest, having spent 40% of Obama's first term out of work, but I did put 100 shares in my Roth this summer at $2.57, and I plan on holding it long term. If I come up with more to invest, I'll certainly put more into NOK while it's low, though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs