Nokia Stock

LikeWaah

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I expected a pull back today, but was pleasantly surprised at it holding. In fact, it even went up a penny!

Could be related to news of China Mobile offering a subsidy for the Lumia 920T.

Oh! Also, the 50SMA ($3.08) is right below the 200SMA ($3.09). This means, barring a crazy move downwards, we should see the 50SMA cross the 200SMA tomorrow, which is a generally bullish signal in TA. Of course, technical traders are going to look for confirmation before piling in, but I see this as a positive catalyst for NOK. We may see ~$4.50 by the end of the year.

LikeWaah

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Down to $3.99 today, on a down day. Not too worried about this dip, but if you have been looking for a buy opportunity, this is a good one!

Still many positive news for NOK, 02 deal, 360buy.com deal, and technically speaking, the 50SMA has just crossed over the 200SMA -- a Golden Cross.

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I bought the 920 on launch day, and I've been buying some NOK the last few weeks. I bought some yesterday on the pullback. I was kinda shocked when I checked it today. I'm wishing I had more money available to put in it.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm wishing I had more money available to put in it.

Welcome to the club, don't we all ;-)

Yahoo only reports the short interest for ADRs.

Although NOK short interest is now slightly lower than it was a month ago, short interest on NOKV1 actually rose another 2%. Apparently, we are still a bit away from a short squeeze. I'm starting to wish I knew not just the amount of shorted stock, but also at what price points they were shorted.

On a side note, I'm wondering what led Nokia to release sales numbers early. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm looking forward to Q1 of 2013 which will include sales in China.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Guys/Girls. this is not a easy road, yes NOK closed out at $4.49 NOK has done all the right things to keep the cash flowing rather than bleeding out. it's well run company. even when the stock tanked Nokia still had a hefty 6 billion on the back burner. NOK is not a short term stock. this is a 24-32 month stock meaning that in that time frame the stock should grow steadily. with new products coming out in a few months with the deals they have in India and in China they are in a very good position. more so in China than anywhere else. this year we will see Nokia high end and mid to lower end devices on all US carriers. but for me it's not the US market that I'm looking at for this stock rather it's China and India. that is where it's going to make or break Nokia. currently all things are pointing in the right direction. so yes if you have some extra cash the stock is still cheap at under 5 bucks a share. I would buy for the long the haul 24--32 months.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Guys/Girls. this is not a easy road.

I would second everything you've stated. I don't know what everyone else around here thinks, but the opinions I've read so far do suggest (as far as I can tell) that the people are aware this is a mid/long term investment.

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
BBC Reporting Nokia sold 4.4 million Lumia phones last quarter.

BBC Reporting Nokia sold 4.4 million Lumia phones last quarter. 86 million total phones sold. Shares up sharply in after hours trading......

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Today was not great.

Nope. I don't know why, but guess that Nokia deciding not to pay a dividend started a decline that triggered a lot of automated sell offs as the stock price fell.

It will climb again, but will require good news out of U.S. and Chinese markets to climb over $5. At this point we have neither, and those are the two biggest markets.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Nope. I don't know why, but guess that Nokia deciding not to pay a dividend started a decline that triggered a lot of automated sell offs as the stock price fell.

It will climb again, but will require good news out of U.S. and Chinese markets to climb over $5. At this point we have neither, and those are the two biggest markets.

From what I've been able to gather the decline of their Asha line led to less money from emerging markets. They were able to make more money because the Lumia line was profitable. Personally I don't think the decline of the Asha line is too terrible since they are moving Windows Phones to pretty aggressive price points in those same markets.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
From what I've been able to gather the decline of their Asha line led to less money from emerging markets.

Where did you get that? Source? I'm reading the exact opposite.

Asha is apparently a huge help in keeping Nokia's head above water, but neither Asha or Lumia sales could compensate for the crash and burn of Symbian (sales volume is now almost zero). Both Asha and Lumia are bringing in money, just not as much as Symbian once did.

StevePT

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
So... those of you holding or held Nokia stock, what are your thoughts regarding the future of Nokia? Did you sell this morning and take your profits or are you holding out now that Nokia is a more defined company and just got a huge boost to their cash reserves?

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Keep or sell Nokia stock?

Nokia stock went up 30% on the news that Microsoft is buying Nokia's Devices division. I'm sure a few of you have stock in Nokia, considering how undervalued some feel they are. Are you keeping your stock or selling?

sr!

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
In case of acquisitions, the shareholders of the company being acquired almost always demand more money from the acquiring company. going by the same logic NOK should go up as the acquisition comes to fruition. Again, this is what is expected. Does it happen all the time is another story.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Apparently Nokia is still an interesting company. During the next few years NSN is well positioned to earn a lot from the world's transition to LTE, but that is hearsay. I'm not qualified to judge that myself.

Anyway, the riskiest endeavour, as always, was also the one with the biggest earnings potential. That is now offloaded to MS. That wasn't allowed to happen for my preferred scenario to play out. I was hoping that Nokia would get back to $5 on their own, after which larger institutional investors would have gotten back into the game. That would have lead to a much higher stock value than what Nokia can ever hope to achieve now. Since my preferred scenario didn't play out, and I was placing my bets based on my technical understanding of WP and MS's strategy papers (both of which are no longer relevant to Nokia), I decided to cash in.

I made a handsome profit, so I'm not complaining, but obviously I don't think Nokia did as well as they could have.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99