What OS would you choose if Windows Phone was killed in 4 months?

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I would go BB10 or Sailfish.

Came from iOS, walked away and will never go back to iOS.
I dislike Android.
BB will be the only choice.

(IIRC, Meego was releasing a new OS version?)

I had forgotten Sailfish. I could probably do Sailfish, since its supposed to be able to run like 90% of android apps with no modification, you don't have the lack of app growing pains AND its not Android. So, it would either be Sailfish or iPhone 5

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Me personally I would go with the Iphone. After using that and blackberries it's the most seamless next step. I dont trust Android and I'm not going to go from one dead platform to another dying platform (Blackberry), because I'll be in the same predicament again.

futurix

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
iOS - although it won't be a switch as I'm using iPhone in parallel with 8X ('cause of the apps).
I can't see myself using Android any time soon, and I'm not going to use any other unproven OS.

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
I've got an old Palm Treo that I could fall back on or break out the old Windows Mobile phones and live off the cooked ROMs again. But I'de miss the 4G LTE speeds so I'd probably go with an iPhone.....

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
BlackBerry 10 for sure. I have a nexus 7 already so it gives me all the apps I need. On the other hand the BlackBerry 10 would give me a truly useful and efficient mobile phone with far better messaging and voice chat support than the other systems.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Nophix

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Right now, I'm looking at my desk, and there is an iPhone 4S, Galaxy S2, and HTC 8x all sitting there. I also have a Lumia 900. We're a very Android heavy family, though. My son has an Infuse, daughter an Inspire, and wife has a OneX. You would think I would fall towards Android.

Well, no. My life is complicated enough. The first device I tend to grab when I don't have to carry 2 or 3 at a time, is my iPhone. Its the most reliable and simple device I have. Not to mention, only family and close friends have that number... ;)

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I intend to give BB10 a serious once over. Really liked how dependable RIM hardware always has been, and I would love to see BB10 do well.

But, if I am being honest, most likely I am in on Android. That "growing pains" thing is indeed a downside. I would want as clean of an Android experience as possible, so Nexus or maybe a Motorola if the Nexus disappoints.

Sailfish is an interesting idea, but got the feeling we won't be seeing either them or Tizen in the States anytime soon. iPhone is a great, dependable, very well supported device. It is also overpriced and, strickly my opinion, a glorified app launcher. I respect them, but it is not for me.

LOVE what @phirefly mentioned: Where does Nokia go? Might just follow them.

Too much to hope for open source WebOS to take off??? I miss my "card-looking, multi-tasking" UI......

Jastow

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Jail broken IOS since it did everything I wanted and more out of a phone.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Probably iPhone5. Possibly Blackberry. A very slight possibility Sailfish. Its extremely unlikely I would go back to Android, I'd probably go to Symbian before Android.

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone 3GS sits on my bed stand waiting for me to get over my affair with my new mistress. (920)

But as the op stated; not gonna happen. 😊

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'd probably kill myself first. If I'd survive, I'd pick an Android (probably made by HTC) or an iPhone. However I dislike both. WP is exactly what I need and it will NOT be killed.

TRUE ****** :grin: :love:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss