What OS would you choose if Windows Phone was killed in 4 months?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
None of the current probably. Most likely see what Nokia does (hopefully Meego), but might also check out Jolla, but not sure if they'd make it in 4 months. Most likely would go back to my N8 and wait out for something I'd actually want. If Nokia went Android I probably wouldn't follow.

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm surprised many would give BB10 a shot.

It actually looks promising and fresh (except the grid of icons). At least one analyst says it will surpass windows phone in Canada. This isn't surprising given that a LOT of people still use blackberry here and on the other hand I have only seen one person use windows phone (the person who introduced it to me).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
It actually looks promising and fresh (except the grid of icons). At least one analyst says it will surpass windows phone in Canada. This isn't surprising given that a LOT of people still use blackberry here and on the other hand I have only seen one person use windows phone (the person who introduced it to me).

I can understand this point of view , my main thing was would it translate to sales. As we saw with the playbook that really got left behind bad.

theprawn

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I tend to go for what seems more interesting... Loved WebOS. BB10 would probably be my first choice, they've copied the best of all the platforms, it seems like there may be potential there. I've owned androids but never really loved them. That would be an option if I was drawn to any particular hardware and bb10 didn't impress.

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I can understand this point of view , my main thing was would it translate to sales. As we saw with the playbook that really got left behind bad.

Well if its any indication people still buy devices like the Bold 9900 which I would call dead devices. So when BB10 rolls out, if the marketing and more importantly word of mouth marketing is strong there could be significant potential even though BB is not going to be reaching iOS or android levels anytime soon. I expect there to be a modest increase in sales and eventually a niche market for folk like me who want the absolute best in messaging or physical keyboards.

doomtuba

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I would go with a Nexus phone. I'd rather not get an iPhone and I don't want to deal with the fragmentation of other Android sets. Maybe BB10 because I always like being different.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Came from Android, would return to Android. I don't like being told that I can't do something because nobody needs to do it. I'd get a One X+ and hope to **** it's supported for at least one OS upgrade.

-edit- Wow, can't say AYCH-EE-double hockeysticks? fail.

tempusnovo

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I hate to say it, but if I couldn't have my Windows Phone, I would probably have to go with iOS. Likely an iPhone 5/iPad mini combo to replace my current Lumia/SurfaceRT pairing. I hate Apple so darn much, but they have the best ecosystem, hands down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb