What OS would you choose if Windows Phone was killed in 4 months?

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
If MS killed of Windows Phone and made current devices unusable (not going to happen, but this is a hypothetical situation) in four months what phone/OS would you switcht to (4 months was to put it past BlackBerry OS 10 availability).

I would probably go iPhone 5. I have had Android as secondary devices recently and it just doesn't do it for me, and after being with Windows Phone since pre-NoDo on an HD7, I'm not wanting to go through the growing pains with BB10, but it is the OS I'd rather have. Still, I think I'd end up with an iPhone 5 unless BB10 grows up really, really quickly.

Residing

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
If there were no more WP, then it would be BB10. I've never owned a BB, but BB10 looks 'different' and therefore, I'd be interested; however, if there were no BB10 in the equation, then it would be iPhone 5. Android does not interest me at all.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
A part of me has wanted to own a Nokia N8 or N9, so I'd look around for one of those. Or I might even ask my uncle for my old N900 back. And if all else fails, I might have to settle for Android.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I would probably choose Android. I've never had an Android device, but I do like Linux.

I would not pick an iPhone, since I am a Windows/Linux user and do not care for anything from Apple.

I've had BlackBerry in the past, and part of the reason I left was lack of apps. I'm not convinced that BlackBerry will ever have Netflix, which is one of the apps I use regularly.

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Came from iOS, walked away and will never go back to iOS.
I dislike Android.
BB will be the only choice.

(IIRC, Meego was releasing a new OS version?)

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Came from two years of Android 1.6 to 4.1 - no interest in going back
have iPad - that's enough iOS for me.
Used BB, but BB10 is new and different.

That leaves trying MeeGo, something I have always wanted to and BB10 if that does not work.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
IPhone because I like pretty things. I have a lot of experience with android and I can't stand the disorganized feel of the OS. But then again most people would probably go for android due to rampant piracy.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'll always have a soft spot for RIM. So my first choice would be BB10, followed by iOS. I'm still not convinced that Android is best for communication, news and productivity first - something at which BB continues to excel and where WP is starting to shine.

wp7USER

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Am coming from BB therefore I would go back to BB because it does look promising at this point of time. IPhone and Android will never see my money. At the same time I will say that I might just pick up a brick if Windows Phone were to go down the drain and call it end for smartphones and me cause its Windows Phone or nothing.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_canada_200 using Board Express

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Android. I know people knock it around here alot but I could do next to anything I wanted with my Android phone. The dev community and their abilities are endless.

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to go crazy and say BB10. I'm really liking the looks of it and my fianc?e is an old BB user but switched to the iPhone 4 but hasn't ever liked it so she is switching to it so I'd go that route

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs