I'm being bullied

Status
Not open for further replies.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm 15 years old, and I'm in 9th grade. I hate being bullied. The last time I had a REAL friend was when I was in 7th grade, where the last friend I ever had moved to Hungary. I am being teased "Kaaaelle (south park)", "go **** yourself", "you have no friends". I am also treated like ****. I can't tell a teacher because that is "tattling". Any ideas? Have you guys been bullied before?

And I did nothing them. I'm a geek, so that's probably why.

Connie Litrenta

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm 15 years old, and I'm in 9th grade. I hate being bullied. The last time I had a REAL friend was when I was in 7th grade, where the last friend I ever had moved to Hungary. I am being teased "Kaaaelle (south park)", "go **** yourself", "you have no friends". I am also treated like ****. I can't tell a teacher because that is "tattling". Any ideas? Have you guys been bullied before?

Perhaps the best thing to do is go talk to an adult that you totally trust. They may have an idea that will work for you. Kind of hard for strangers to give you good advice when they don't know you. Hang in there though. Everyone struggles with stuff in school. Only difference is the degree to which you do and how well you are capable of handling it.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
They're talking to you as if they are 4th grade cartoon characters. You may be a geek, but they have to resort to using material from a cartoon because their brains are mostly full of air.

Don't get upset. Smile and try to make conversation with others or the followers who witness this going on. In the end you will be more liked and admired for not stepping to their level.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I think you should talk to an adult about it. What's the worst that could happen? They'll tease and bully you about it? They're doing that anyways. They may not like you "tattling", but if enough adults know, then at least they'll be forced to stop. Yeah, they might talk crap about you behind your back... but who cares about that really? Their opinions don't matter. The goal is to just get them to leave you alone.

Also, bullies hate confidence. If you carry yourself with confidence, and don't appear bothered by anything they say or do, then they'll tire of bullying you.

One thing that you can't do is fear bullies. Bullies pick on you because they think that you're an easy target and you'll get bothered. It makes them feel stronger. I was always very confrontational with anyone that tried to bully me when I was little. Didn't show fear. Also, wasn't afraid to mention how immature they were being while at the same time not showing that anything they said bothered me. And if they wanted to fight because of it I didn't back down. I relished the opportunity. And 99% of the time they'd back down because they were just full of hot air looking for an easy target.

But as I said earlier... there's no harm in telling an adult if they're going to be picking on you anyways, right?

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear that you're going through that. I too got picked on around the same age in high school. I had pretty bad spots, braces and I am asian so I guess I was a pretty easy target then. You definitely need to tell someone. I let it get to me (missed out on school, somewhat depressed) and in the end I was the one who got in trouble (my parents got called in). It's hard to give advice here, but all I can say is you're not alone. There are people who can relate to what's happening to you and there are people who will listen and help you. In my case, since I went to a catholic school, a priest talked to me and I was able to confide in him. It helped to just get everything out and I can honestly say I was able to move on.

I hope you everything works out for you

tarzanmarzan

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
To topic creator:

Don't let them push you around. Stand up to them. That'll earn you respect. In the end, you'll be better off than they are. Don't let things get violent though. But learn some self defense just in case. As said before talk to an adult too.

You'll see how different things will be when you're older. The pricks could be bagging your groceries or mowing your lawn one day. University is a completely different atmosphere. So don't let these tossers ruin your life. Trust me, this comes from experience.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
The pricks could be bagging your groceries or mowing your lawn one day.

Ouch. My dad is a landscaper and he owns his own business, and he cuts grass. :p

Anyway, what you want to do is not let it get to you. If they don't get a reaction then they won't get a kick out of it and they should stop doing it. Also, try and join a sport or a club or something where you can find other like-minded people so you can have more friends. Be yourself, but try to be a likeable person and don't be annoying.

tarzanmarzan

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Ouch. My dad is a landscaper and he owns his own business, and he cuts grass. :p

Anyway, what you want to do is not let it get to you. If they don't get a reaction then they won't get a kick out of it and they should stop doing it. Also, try and join a sport or a club or something where you can find other like-minded people so you can have more friends. Be yourself, but try to be a likeable person and don't be annoying.

I'm sorry. That comment was made in poor taste. Your father does right by you and I take back what I said. In any case seeing when anyone starts to see themselves as superior, they then become worse than the bully. I was bullied a lot back then and I come off as crass.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry. That comment was made in poor taste. Your father does right by you and I take back what I said. In any case seeing when anyone starts to see themselves as superior, they then become worse than the bully. I was bullied a lot back then and I come off as crass.

It's no problem! I was really just teasing ya, I don't mind. I understood what you were saying. You don't normally imagine a guy cutting someone else's grass to own his own business and what not, so I can't blame ya. No worries. ;D

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site

I think whoever is doing this, continues to do it because of your reaction to it. It's just words correct? Ignore it. Don't react to it.

If there's something physical involved, like they're hitting you, call the police and file an assault charge. Don't back down from filing an assault charge.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
If you're on Twitter, feel free to PM me your Twitter handle. I'd like to get you in touch with my cousin. She wouldn't necessarily be able to do anything, but she can connect you with a network of people that understand the crap you're dealing with.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I think whoever is doing this, continues to do it because of your reaction to it. It's just words correct? Ignore it. Don't react to it.

If there's something physical involved, like they're hitting you, call the police and file an assault charge. Don't back down from filing an assault charge.

I grew up in a tough neighborhood. And even there I found that if you stand your ground, bullies don't mess with you.

I've had them threaten me. I've had groups hold my arms and legs while someone twice my size stand in front of me and threaten to beat me to a bloody pulp.

I always was calm and unafraid. I would say things like, "And after you beat me up, what will that do? Is it an accomplishment. I haven't done anything to you, and you want to do this. What do you hope to achieve?"

And yes... that is how I said it. lol

Normally they'd be a little confused because I didn't sound scared, but I also didn't sound angry. I sounded like a psychologist. hahaha

Pretty much left me alone every time. I even ended up making friends with a lot of bullies and they sort of changed their ways and stopped picking on people.

Bombfetish

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
The only advice I can give is that none of this matters once you're out of high school. I'm sure that's not much comfort to you now, but these people will not be in your life much longer. Do your best to appreciate who you are because once u are out of high school, its up to you to decide who you become. I wish you the best of luck. With the internet, there is always another geek like you around that will be your friend. That's the beauty of it. Be well my friend 😊

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Winning Guy; I must say it is great to see there are persons out there willing to help like yourself and others in this forums. Well done!
and Unstoppablekem keep your head hi and good luck....

Ray E.

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi unstoppablekem. Talk to an authority figure, a counselor or security guard. Don't be afraid of other kids thinking of you as tattling, that is a minor thought you should be worried about. What is important is that you feel comfortable going to school and shouldn't have to worry about being pushed. TALK TO AN AUTHORITY FIGURE.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The only advice I can give is that none of this matters once you're out of high school. I'm sure that's not much comfort to you now, but these people will not be in your life much longer. Do your best to appreciate who you are because once u are out of high school, its up to you to decide who you become. I wish you the best of luck. With the internet, there is always another geek like you around that will be your friend. That's the beauty of it. Be well my friend 😊

This is so true. By your first class reunion, most of the bullies will be really kind of embarrassed that they acted that way to you in high school.

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm a geek, so that's probably why.

So was/is Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, Erick Schmidt, Jeff Bezos (seriously, have you heard his laugh?), etc. etc. Bottom line is , being a geek is a good thing, not a bad thing. When those idiot bullies get into college (assuming they get accepted anywhere), they'll quickly realize that the world doesn't revolve around them and they will have their arses handed to them. So called geeks on the other hand, spend their time learning about different things and that translates into being more intellectual which will only carry your farther in your college, personal, and professional life.

For now though, just be sure to tell an adult, school counselor, etc and make sure they get involved. This whole society is going to **** in a handbasket with so much emphasis put on vanity and looking good, that we forget as people, we are to love one another and treat everyone with the respect they deserve despite the fact that someone may act or look differently than they do.

I'll be completely honest with you, it may seem like a big deal to you since it's the only frame of reference you have but once you get into college and look back, you'll quickly realize that all the petty crap that goes on in high school is pretty meaningless. Also, once you hit 15-16 years old, you start focusing on girls, driving, etc. so the bullying and acting childish kind of just goes away on its own. If it still persists, carry your head high, act confident and don't let it bother as best as you can. I know being ridiculed and that words hurt, but do your best to try and not let it phase you. Also, find a local club or church youth group to get involved with. When I was in high school, my youth group was constantly doing activities and having parties on the weekend and some of the best times I ever had in high school, were at those functions. The friends I made in youth group are lifelong friends to this day as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb