Poll: What's your profession?

btgusto

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I am a science teacher. I am also a amateur windows promoter/evangelist showing off all the good things about windows to whom ever will listen.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Outside Sales Rep. I spend about 150 days a year on the road. The more I can do on my phone, the less I need to do with my laptop. If I can get all of my work done before I get home, then I get more time to myself.
Our small rep agency uses Exchange through Office 365. My life is in mail, calendar, contacts, and excel. The 920 does a good job with all of these things, but it is far from perfect and still needs a lot of refinement.

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Electrical Engineer, working with High Voltage Switchgear and controls.
Sent from my Lumia 820 using Board Express

Engr_Princess

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I am a Professional Mechanical Engineer (just passed my PE exam yesterday :) ). I also have a side party decorating business and I am also a part time runway model. I owned a iPhone 3gs and was waiting for the iPhone 5, but was disappointed with the lack of innovation so I got the Lumia 920 instead. Even if I'm on my 4th model due to issues....i still can't see myself getting another phone lol.

justcurious#WN

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Software developer (C#, Objective-C, a little Ruby/Rails). My daily driver is an iPhone 5 and my weekend/fun phone is a Lumia 920 (occasionally a Galaxy Nexus as well)

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
They moved my post and I couldn't even find it!

Nice range of professions. Not even certain why I was curious. I just wondered if it would be nothing but IT people who worked in a Window's environment. Funny thing is my daughter who is still in college for her English degree wants my 920. She started playing with it and now thinks it's the best, but she has another year left on her phone.

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Software developer (C#, Objective-C, a little Ruby/Rails). My daily driver is an iPhone 5 and my weekend/fun phone is a Lumia 920 (occasionally a Galaxy Nexus as well)

rappr, you sound very close to me, although I haven't done Ruby. CF, PHP, and ASP.Net with c# on the back end.

LA6507a

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Electrical Engineer, industrial and commercial power systems design, specifically. I've owned every MSFT mobile OS-based gadget since PC2000 but made a jump to the E-series of Nokia devices for a few years which is when I discovered how awesome Nokia products are.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

zokstar

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I.T - Sys Admin for Thales. They build stuff for the defence force etc.... Get to see and hear about some cool ****!!

fusioncept

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm a Dental Student. My Lumia 822 is my first smartphone, but I've been reading up on all the latest android/WP stuff. I have an ASUS Transformer tablet as well. I like android, but I think for a phone, WP8 does a much better job. I love the communication aspect of the phone, and how all my contacts/facebook/gmail work in unison.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I work for my state's Department of Corrections. I supervise inmates in a kitchen work site preparing meals for the other inmates. I have WP7 because I really can't stand the instability of Android, iOS has great apps but is a boring OS, and I love the look and feel of Windows Phone.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
It's good to see a number of engineers among us :D I am a mechanical/building services engineering graduate looking for work at the moment. Interviews for a graduate programme at a company I applied to isn't until February.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs