Any ALEX JONES SHOW viewers on WPCentral? Best radio show in America right now

phatboy66

May 25, 2012
Visit site
The Alex Jones radio show on Infowars.com is getting pretty big in the USA and Worldwide with almost 3 million listeners on weekdays. They also have a big Youtube channel and podcasts app on the App Store and on Android Google Play. I listen to podcasts on my Windows Phone using Bringcast.

I'd just like to know i f there's some people on this site that like his show as well

Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Alex Jones is an idiot. His entire show is based on fear mongering based on tiny shreds of evidence he twists and misrepresents to fit his purposes. He is nothing more than an angry guy with a journalism degree.

Nophix

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Alex Jones has some pretty good info, but like all the rest of those guys, you have to look past the entertainment spin put on to make money. Do that and you'll get to the real info.

If you want cleaner, more direct info a bit more grounded in reality, look up Jack Spirko at The Survival Podcast.

Www.thesurvivalpodcast.com

I'm not affiliated, just a fan.

phatboy66

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Alex Jones is an idiot. His entire show is based on fear mongering based on tiny shreds of evidence he twists and misrepresents to fit his purposes. He is nothing more than an angry guy with a journalism degree.

I can understand that some people don't like when he gets angry and yells on air but the info he gives is always provided with links and he tells people to go verify it by themselves. I think you're too quick to judge and should check out their website.

Drudge report and Infowars.com are really the best right now in alternative media! I know theres alot of other good sites but they're not as big as these two.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I can understand that some people don't like when he gets angry and yells on air but the info he gives is always provided with links and he tells people to go verify it by themselves. I think you're too quick to judge and should check out their website.

Drudge report and Infowars.com are really the best right now in alternative media! I know theres alot of other good sites but they're not as big as these two.

I have checked out infowars.com extensively because one of my best friends is always talking about it and loves Alex Jones, so I wanted to see what it was all about. The biggest problem with all his links and sources is that they almost always (greater than 90% of the time) are from groups that have an agenda when it comes to whatever topic (think an NRA report on gun safety or the study by Sapporo showing the positives of beer consumption for example). Groups that have a vested interest in a subject aren't reliable sources for studies,because they will often structure a study so that it will have to come to their conclusion. He doesn't use independent, unbiased sources. As an entertainer, that works great for him. It allows him to have a constant supply of shocker, fear generating headlines that have helped him get to the 3 million followers. As a reliable source of news, however, it seriously undermines his credibility.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I had to go look him up!!

I will say this: I love a good revolution, no matter who starts it. Anything that makes people go research something is a good thing. I have heard quite a bit of these conspiracy theories, and I have read enough about them that very few are in my level of concern. But any research at all will help educate the American public, and I am in favor of that. No different then sitting through Current TV's layers of "They are Evil" reports.

Go on with your bad self, Mr. Jones!!!

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
The mainstream media in this country is biased and screwy enough as it is. I don't really have the time to waste listening to crackpots speculating about the news. No offense. The only main news sources really worth a damn IMHO are Reuters, BBC, NPR and Al Jazeera English. Maybe a few others.. But CNN is a joke with Joy Behar and idiot celebrity news puff pieces. FOX news is even worse, its news for dumb people who just want their biases confirmed. Its pretty embarrassing what passes for news in this country. :( Reuters and NPR are almost all we have to be proud of. The whole news as entertainment thing has turned us into a nation of I'll informed biased idiots and conspiracy theorists.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I think it's a good idea to listen to a broad range of media. TuneIn Radio is a great application to get a broad range of media.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
The mainstream media in this country is biased and screwy enough as it is. I don't really have the time to waste listening to crackpots speculating about the news. No offense. The only main news sources really worth a damn IMHO are Reuters, BBC, NPR and Al Jazeera English. Maybe a few others.. But CNN is a joke with Joy Behar and idiot celebrity news puff pieces. FOX news is even worse, its news for dumb people who just want their biases confirmed. Its pretty embarrassing what passes for news in this country. :( Reuters and NPR are almost all we have to be proud of. The whole news as entertainment thing has turned us into a nation of I'll informed biased idiots and conspiracy theorists.

I agree. I get my news from BBC radio and NPR. I've got a 45 minute commute to work so news radio and audio books are my friends.

I think it's a good idea to listen to a broad range of media. TuneIn Radio is a great application to get a broad range of media.

I agree, and I have no problem with Alex Jones as an entertainer. My problem with him is that he trys to bill him self and sell him self as a news source, which he shouldn't be relied upon as. I listen to all sorts of people who I disagree with and have crazy points of view not based in facts, including Alex Jones. I just like to try and help people realize that, while entertaining, he is most certainly not a reliable source of news.

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
As libertarian, I wish there were more avenues to stay informed. Alex Jones flies off the handle, and sensationalizes news just like everybody else. As far as NPR, BBC, CNN, Fox, MSNBC, PBS, and all the other propaganda arms of govt, I don't trust them. To understand how the govt. really works means you have to be weary of mainstream media sources too. I am a news junky, and it sucks that the major media organizations are influenced by corporate/govt. entities. It's hard to know who to trust, and that's why Alex Jones gets the attention he does.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Ha! This thread reminds me of the series "The Newsroom" on AMC. When I first started watching I thought to myself, "Yeah! This is how the news should be." But as I got into the series, I found it was dripping with bias and came to the conclusion that there is really no such thing as non partisan news. If there was a station somewhere that just had some talking head just giving the unvarnished facts, it would quickly get cancelled due to lack of ratings. As far as that series goes, I still continue to watch - but mostly because I'll watch anything Olivia Munn is in.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Ha! This thread reminds me of the series "The Newsroom" on AMC. When I first started watching I thought to myself, "Yeah! This is how the news should be." But as I got into the series, I found it was dripping with bias and came to the conclusion that there is really no such thing as non partisan news. If there was a station somewhere that just had some talking head just giving the unvarnished facts, it would quickly get cancelled due to lack of ratings. As far as that series goes, I still continue to watch - but mostly because I'll watch anything Olivia Munn is in.

That is a good show. Its on HBO though, not AMC.

geekmaster

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I was introduced to him stumbling upon an older video of his talking about the CPS. From there I subscribed to his infowars channel on youtube. Today i have noticed that 60 percent of what he brings to the table really is irrefutable, common sense knowledge. However, i knew already that there was a lot more to historical events such as 9-11 and the JFK assassination, before i knew who Alex Jones even was. But sometimes i do question where his heart really is at. He made an ass of himself hyping up Y2K, and saying Putin was going to nuke the United States; really he must be a big sucker for zionism. Also the Cointel-Pro c*** was WAY to obvious for anyone not to have called BS on Alex. He says he has a spiritual connection with god, ehhhh; not really. from the looks of it he drools in acting like some Luciferian demon Over Acting as the "elite". And when he does get at it, he completely looses his S*** :straight:... to the point where it becomes unbearable to watch. He will constantly interrupt guests. And from observations i made when listening to his show, a big percentage of his callers sound like hicks with broken English. He also talks extremely fast mixed with being extremely emotional, making it terribly tough to absorb any of his information. I find it really awkward that he looks almost the same as back in the 90's, so his formula never really has changed. In short he gives the conspiracy realists a very bad wrap by handing out misinformation, combined with stress and depression

What's interesting is that I recently Re-discovered Bill Cooper in early november of 2012. Unlike Alex Jones, you most likely WILL be able to stand listening to the late Bill Cooper for an entire recorded show. Even though his work ended when his life was ended in 2001, the stuff he put on the table still rings as fresh as it did when he was still alive. I have posted a video of the anti Alex Jones Y2K coverage Bill did at the turn of the 21st century. Warning, you are about to receive a major culture shock.

Last edited:

Nophix

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Check out No Agenda with Adam Curry and John Dvorak as well. Noagendashow.com

I can't stand mainstream news anymore. It's almost as if they are trying to see just how stupid the general public really is. Real journalism is dying thanks to those morons.

Unfortunately, I think Alex is boarding the same train now. I know the guy needs to make money to keep going, but I think he has lost a bit if his touch in the process.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire