Touch Screen help please

grigby

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone

I posted a thread some time ago looking for a windows phone with resistive touch screen technology, after a few suggestions I settled on the Toshiba tg01 good touch screen but the phone its self is of poor quality.
There doesn't seem to be any new windows phones with a resistive touch screen. (only capacitive)
With that in mind I bought a htc hd7 phone seemed to work well and the simple actions required of the touch screen seemed to be OK, until I tried to sign my name using a stylus :-( it didn't work at all. Several stylus later I gave up and tried to sign my name on a android Samsung galaxy s3 it worked with out a problem with all the stylus even my finger.
So the question I would like to put out there is this
Does the sensitivity of the phones touch screen depend on the hardware or OS , and can anyone tell me would the touch screen on a Nokia lumia 610 be more sensitive than that of the HTC HD7 that I have already tried.
I'm hoping that been a newer phone it might be the other phone I'm looking at is the Nokia lumia 800

been able to recognise a signature is a must as the phone is used for work..

Any ideas guys ?

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Its a combo of the hardware and the software that determins touch screen sensitivity. I know Nokia and Samsung both have a reputation for more responsive screens than HTC. The Lumia 920 with its super sensitive touch may be the best phone for you, if you can afford it. That said, I have no idea which others would be good for it. It isn't just Windows Phone, but all OS's that have stopped using resistive screens. If you must use Android, the Galaxy Note 1 or 2 would make excellent choices as they both come with a special stylus and a slot to store it in.

grigby

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your reply :)
Unfortunately the phone has to be windows OS , I already have a Android phone but the application was written for windows.
It makes sense that it would be both hardware and software dependent.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa