Spartacus
How I Met Your Mother
Vampire Diaries
Mythbusters
Party Down
Veronica Mars
Modern Family
Battlestar Galactica

I watch a lot. These are in the order I thought of them.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
@Micah Dawson- Like "Once Upon A time" as well, my wife and son like it a ton!! (Me and the Boy like "Grimm" as well)

@iloveamystery (great screen name, by the way!!)- Love "Nikita" and "Game of Thrones", as well.

Dang, starting to realize I watch a ton of TV... never really noticed before this thread.....

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I just realized that I didn't read the question all the way. Others have reminded me I do watch alot more shows than I listed. I too enjoy:

Once Upon a Time
Revenge
Glee
Private Practice
Nikita
Doctor Who
Sherlock
And (as silly as they are) pretty much every Bravo reality show. Especially the Real Housewives franchise.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for remind me...I LOVE GRIMM...that cliffhanger lol

@Micah Dawson- Like "Once Upon A time" as well, my wife and son like it a ton!! (Me and the Boy like "Grimm" as well)

@iloveamystery (great screen name, by the way!!)- Love "Nikita" and "Game of Thrones", as well.

Dang, starting to realize I watch a ton of TV... never really noticed before this thread.....

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Here are some of my current favorites, in no particular order:

Don't trust the B-- in Apt. 23.
Grey's Anatomy
Happy Endings
Walking Dead
The Newsroom
TrueBlood
Game of Thrones
Modern Family

There are more, I watch entirely too much TV.

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Are we talking now or all time?

Power Rangers (seasons one through five)

You know, I loved the Power Rangers. I probably still watched it a little too long after I should've for my age, though. I would tape each episode in the morning because I could only watch the first few minutes before I had to go to school, and I would watch the episode after I got home. I saw the first two movies in theaters, too, which is something for me since I rarely had the chance to go to the cinema as a kid. I even bought (or rather, had bought for me) the two Super Nintendo games.

I was super into that show though. I didn't stop watching until after the Turbo movie, when the villain lady kept making monsters that were always some form of bomb with the intent of just blowing stuff up. It just got really dumb. I was always hoping Rita Repulsa and Lord Zedd would come back as villains. They kept teasing that a couple of times, but it never materialized. I know the show was just there to sell toys, but I loved it anyway. I can still remember all of the original Power Rangers actors' and characters' names by heart.

I'm glad to see someone else who liked them too. I didn't put that show on my list, but there are a lot of shows I watched as a kid that I didn't... I'll go over a few now... Did you or anyone else watch these, too?

Salute Your Shorts
Adventures of Pete and Pete
Hey Dude
Secret of Alex Mack
Boy Meets World
Ghostwriter
Are You Afraid of the Dark?

Most of those were on Nickelodeon. They used to have good shows, not only for children but also for adults.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Red Dwarf (just ordered the collection and Back to Earth)

Buffy

X-Files

Grimm

Once Upon a Time

Forever Knight

Misfits

Criminal Minds (thanks Ion TV for getting me hooked)

True Blood

danish319

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
fav in no order...

Game of thrones

Battlestar galactica

Modern family

Walking dead

Suits

Homeland(S2 finale was awful...lost the whole plot)

Rome

Arrested development

Breaking Bad

Workaholics

Dexter

Sherlock

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
NCIS
NCIS LA
Person of Interest
Bones
The Mentalist
All Star Trek movies and TV shows
Original Twilight Zone
MASH
Are you being served? BBC
Faulty Towers BBC
As Time goes By BBC
Hogans Heroes
Frazier
2/12 men with Charlie Sheen
Big Bang Theory
Bonanza
Gunsmoke

More as I think about it.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
You know, I loved the Power Rangers. I probably still watched it a little too long after I should've for my age, though. I would tape each episode in the morning because I could only watch the first few minutes before I had to go to school, and I would watch the episode after I got home. I saw the first two movies in theaters, too, which is something for me since I rarely had the chance to go to the cinema as a kid. I even bought (or rather, had bought for me) the two Super Nintendo games.

I was super into that show though. I didn't stop watching until after the Turbo movie, when the villain lady kept making monsters that were always some form of bomb with the intent of just blowing stuff up. It just got really dumb. I was always hoping Rita Repulsa and Lord Zedd would come back as villains. They kept teasing that a couple of times, but it never materialized. I know the show was just there to sell toys, but I loved it anyway. I can still remember all of the original Power Rangers actors' and characters' names by heart.

I'm glad to see someone else who liked them too. I didn't put that show on my list, but there are a lot of shows I watched as a kid that I didn't... I'll go over a few now... Did you or anyone else watch these, too?

Salute Your Shorts
Hey Dude
Secret of Alex Mack
Boy Meets World
Ghostwriter

Most of those were on Nickelodeon. They used to have good shows, not only for children but also for adults.

I pretty much watched all those shows. Some to more varying degrees than others.
As for Power Rangers, I actually watched well past season 5, probably up to season 7. By that time, I was in high school. It was never really about being too old, but more so Disney getting a hold of the franchise and it just became a generic kids show (although 2 or 3 out of Disney's 8 seasons is somewhat decent) that I stopped. If you have Netflix (which has every season), I would at recommend at least checking out the season after Turbo, In Space. It was originally supposed to be the final season and the entire season is just one big thank you to the fans. The ratings spiked up so high, its was decided to continue the show (with Lost Galaxy being the next one). I would also check out Dino Thunder as that is the one where Tommy returns as a ranger (full time)

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I really don't watch much TV. The news mostly. I did recently discover a channel in Chicago (WWME) that has a lot of really old reruns of shows that I watched growing up and when I watch them now they just seem silly :grin: There was one show I liked growing up that I can still watch today on WWME is, "The Wild Wild West". It's still a great show today!

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
- Game of Thrones
- Mad Men
- Breaking Bad
- Walking Dead
- Dexter
- 30 Rock
- Parks and Rec
- Louis

On the whole, I find network tv pretty lame aside from a few exceptions. The stuff from the cable companies is much better.

mlm1950

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Mad Men
The Mentalist
The Good Wife
Downton Abbey
Wheeler Dealers
Leverage
Sherlock
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Last edited:

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I pretty much watched all those shows. Some to more varying degrees than others.

As for Power Rangers, I actually watched well past season 5, probably up to season 7. By that time, I was in high school. It was never really about being too old, but more so Disney getting a hold of the franchise and it just became a generic kids show (although 2 or 3 out of Disney's 8 seasons is somewhat decent) that I stopped. If you have Netflix (which has every season), I would at recommend at least checking out the season after Turbo, In Space. It was originally supposed to be the final season and the entire season is just one big thank you to the fans. The ratings spiked up so high, its was decided to continue the show (with Lost Galaxy being the next one). I would also check out Dino Thunder as that is the one where Tommy returns as a ranger (full time)

I'll probably watch the show again sometime soon when I have enough free time. Tommy was my favorite when I was a kid, but shortly after I watched the show I started hearing things about how Jason David Frank was really rude to David Yost (Billy). There's even a video on YouTube of him calling David "Gayvid" where Thuy Trang (RIP) tells him to back off or something like that. I think they're okay with each other now as adults, but from the cons I think they might still play pranks on each other. Jason David Frank was pretty known for that on the set from interviews I've read/seen. So while I was always aware that Tommy returned for Dino Thunder, I never had the inclination to watch it.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I'll probably watch the show again sometime soon when I have enough free time. Tommy was my favorite when I was a kid, but shortly after I watched the show I started hearing things about how Jason David Frank was really rude to David Yost (Billy). There's even a video on YouTube of him calling David "Gayvid" where Thuy Trang (RIP) tells him to back off or something like that. I think they're okay with each other now as adults, but from the cons I think they might still play pranks on each other. Jason David Frank was pretty known for that on the set from interviews I've read/seen. So while I was always aware that Tommy returned for Dino Thunder, I never had the inclination to watch it.

Oh I've heard the stories about JDF. While I try not to judge anyone I don't know personally, I would be lying if I said the stories haven't sullied my enjoyment of Tommy a bit.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
- Game of Thrones
- Mad Men
- Breaking Bad
- Walking Dead
- Dexter
- 30 Rock
- Parks and Rec
- Louis

On the whole, I find network tv pretty lame aside from a few exceptions. The stuff from the cable companies is much better.

I find network tv to be too rreactionary and impatient. The networks would be filled so many great shows if they just gave them a chance grow or scheduled them correctly

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site

Salute Your Shorts
Hey Dude
Secret of Alex Mack
Boy Meets World
Ghostwriter

I was talking to my boy about these shows earlier today while we were looking at movies to watch and we saw "The Goonies", being both our favorite.

He recently watched every episode of "Are you afraid of the dark" at work. Yeah... his job is easy. Lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro