Does anyone get the feeling you forgot something important???

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi all

Do you ever get the feeling there something really important but you just can't remember until somebody ask for what it was (quite a few times as well by my last count :sweaty:)

For me it coursework, work at work which I should have done an hour ago but you always get side track (I blame YouTube :wink:) etc. :sweaty:

Anyone else? :wink:

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I usually do forget something important when I'm shopping unless I add it to OneNote. I'm the worst person to send shopping without a list.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I had this a lot when I was younger.

But nowadays I started to always write important things into my calender, and doing stuff at work or little things like locking a door very consciously. So I usually don't feel like this anymore.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
There is a rule for me with my family and at work:

If you ask me to do something, and I say I will, but you do NOT see me enter it into my phone, just assume I will forget it. Because I will. It is amazing the difference between what I will remember after I write it down as compared to the crap I forget when I haven't. Prior to my smartphone adoption, I had a paper brain that went with me everywhere. Same rule: If I didn't write it down, I am forgetting it. Period.

As for the feeling I am forgetting something, let me relate that to a movie this past summer.

Remember when Bruce Banner told Captain America he learned to control the transformation into the Hulk because he was always angry? I just accept I am forgetting something, and it is most likely important.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
If I don't note it down, I will forget, period. Or in the case of my board this month, do it too early (I paid my board two weeks early this month by mistake, leaving my mum totally confused). Or perhaps do it too late. If you want it for a specific time it has to go in the phone. Otherwise I will forget in the space of 30 seconds. And that's no exaggeration

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I admit now I always carry a scap piece of paper with me (it too bad I forget the pen :wink:)

I always use my phone or ipod with a pink strawberry case I love it (but I get even stranger looks however it looks like strawberry ice cream :love:)

Also at work we use IT support system which user send messages to us IT support this then get shown up on this website and go do the task and we also input task to do (we don't drink tea and have biscuit all day :wink:)

If your interested it called spiceworks.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I always had to write down my assignments when I was in school/university.

I once lost my Morrison/Boyd organic chemistry text when I was in university. I put the text on top of my car and drove off, so I had to purchase another text.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I always had to write down my assignments when I was in school/university.

I once lost my Morrison/Boyd organic chemistry text when I was in university. I put the text on top of my car and drove off, so I had to purchase another text.

I would go metal if that happen to me if I lost information about a certain unit on my course at home my house would be torn in two :wink:

But now I always buy the book related to my course (500 pages yah :eck:) but I do like reading as long as it related to want I'm doing :wink:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I would go metal if that happen to me if I lost information about a certain unit on my course at home my house would be torn in two :wink:

But now I always buy the book related to my course (500 pages yah :eck:) but I do like reading as long as it related to want I'm doing :wink:
That book I lost was expensive too, and I didn't have a lot of money when I was in university since I only worked part-time. :unhappy:

I really wished I never had to even take organic chemistry. I hated the course and only took it since it was required.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
That book I lost was expensive too, and I didn't have a lot of money when I was in university since I only worked part-time. :unhappy:

I really wished I never had to even take organic chemistry. I hated the course and only took it since it was required.

On my course BTEC Extended level 3 in IT my tutors keep adding more units to make more time because where under the minimal of 37 hours so are class are having to do a unit on how to do a WORD DOCUMENT and enterprise :eck: (If I wanted to do enterprise I would have choiced that and I think most people know how to use word well I hope they do :wink:)

Next year if anyone decide to go to college for IT we would be doing more then 4 or 5 extra units not related to the course it going crazy :confused:

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Makes me feel better that a lot of you guys are like me. Heck, sometimes I even go to the kitchen to get something and by the time I get there I've forgotten what it is I'm looking for. :D

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Makes me feel better that a lot of you guys are like me. Heck, sometimes I even go to the kitchen to get something and by the time I get there I've forgotten what it is I'm looking for. :D

Thats happen to me almost every night and when someone asks me to go get them something from the kitchen I will come back without and have to go back being properly reminded :wink:

Same for turning the heating off I sometimes leave it on for over a few hours :sweaty:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs