Bonds - No! Sosa - No! Clemens - No!

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Was reading an article about it. Not voting them in now just to make a point. But think eventually Bonds and Clemens will make it.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Was reading an article about it. Not voting them in now just to make a point. But think eventually Bonds and Clemens will make it.

Maybe, but don't forget about Pete Rose, the all time hit leader. The same thing is going to happen to Alex Rodriguez once he retires.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Bonds would have been in if he did t do the roids. He's just a moron. I agree no roid /cheater should be in the hall of fame. Also the hall of fame seriously needs to tight its requirements because there's a huge amount of players that are in there that are no where near the ball players as Aaron,Ruth,Mickey,ford, and so on

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I bet a huge percentage of players we're juicing during the roids era.

...and some showed it more than others. I remember seeing Mark McGwire up close and his arms girth were the size of my legs, or look at a Barry Bonds rookie card and compare it to how he looks today.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I agree when we look at players like Ruth and that gang they drank and eat like fishes and still went out and set records. Players like Yastrzemski who played taped up braced up hurt and did so late in age did it all with out meds. anyone who has to take drugs to perform isn't worthy of the honor. Look at Many Ramirez one of the best hitters ever but he also was like that because of the dope. once he stopped he didn't have it in him to compete. No not worthy at all no matter how many awards they have won.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I agree when we look at players like Ruth and that gang they drank and eat like fishes and still went out and set records. Players like Yastrzemski who played taped up braced up hurt and did so late in age did it all with out meds. anyone who has to take drugs to perform isn't worthy of the honor. Look at Many Ramirez one of the best hitters ever but he also was like that because of the dope. once he stopped he didn't have it in him to compete. No not worthy at all no matter how many awards they have won.

Plus, they all seem to have early heart attacks. Something about the drug also enlarging the heart muscle, from what I've read.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes, both Bonds and Clemens will make it. Once those two break the barrier (maybe three to four years from now?) then players like A-Rod will get a much larger pass.

Sosa was only a borderline HOF election anyways- I feel he and McGuire will never get in. Pretty ironic, considering how much Baseball pumped up their single season HR chase to help get the fans back after the lock out cost the World Series and their product was at their lowest point. Every indication was that Owners and managers all knew their players were juicing, and encouraged it by their silence because "Chicks dig the Long Ball."

I worry for players like Frank Thomas, who may get that "guilt by association", even though they never were suspected or on any list. Thomas is also a border line HOF, and voters my just punish him because.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I really don't see Clemens making it in. His demeanor before congress and his other interviews, I think really ruined his reputation.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I really don't see Clemens making it in. His demeanor before congress and his other interviews, I think really ruined his reputation.

I actually see him getting in first of the Juiced Team. (Bet we could come up with a very good Steroids All-Star team if we tried, huh?) He was found innocent of perjury charges, and while it is fresh in everyones mind now, he could get quite the PR machine going and those 7 Cy Youngs are still attached to his name.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon