Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
typing-1_zpsdc14b7cb.png

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
This is my first try. My "show off how fast you can type"-days are over ;)

Attachments

• 95_480_0_0_91_1_93.18_3684_54026.png
    95_480_0_0_91_1_93.18_3684_54026.png
    6 KB · Views: 61

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Well, and English is not even my native language! ...okay, that doesn't really count as I write in English all day, but still :wink:
If you are able to find a typing test in your native language, I'd like to try it (provided it works on a US English keyboard).

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
If you are able to find a typing test in your native language, I'd like to try it (provided it works on a US English keyboard).

You'll have a hart time, because we have these nice ? ? and ? on our keyboard :) (I write with a Swiss keyboard also at work, as I still write some German and this way it's easier for me than to get used to two layouts)

Speedtest - Ermittel deine Tippgeschwindigkeit mit unserem Schnellschreibtest: Wie schnell kannst du tippen? Lerne schneller zu tippen! German - 10FastFingers.com

Attachments

• 107_543_0_0_97_2_95.66_342_7885.png
    107_543_0_0_97_2_95.66_342_7885.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 45

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
You'll have a hart time, because we have these nice ? ? and ? on our keyboard :) (I write with a Swiss keyboard also at work, as I still write some German and this way it's easier for me than to get used to two layouts)

Speedtest - Ermittel deine Tippgeschwindigkeit mit unserem Schnellschreibtest: Wie schnell kannst du tippen? Lerne schneller zu tippen! German - 10FastFingers.com

That would be hard on a US keyboard.

Do you have any idea what key corresponds to the umlauts if I were to add German as a language in Windows 8?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
That would be hard on a US keyboard.

Do you have any idea what key corresponds to the umlauts if I were to add German as a language in Windows 8?

Sorry, I went to bed yesterday because I have a nasty cold. Funny story: When I was lying there, feeling terrible, I suddenly realized I wrote "hart" instead of "hard", which is German for hard, and I slept even worse because I had to convince myself, that it would be incredibly stupid to get up just to change that ;-)

I'm just looking for an English keyboard around here... '?' would be '[' (to the right of P), '?' would be ';' (to the right of L) and '?' would be ',' (more to the right of L). The German layout is similar. (The Swiss has in addition all the French stuff on it.)

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I went to bed yesterday because I have a nasty cold. Funny story: When I was lying there, feeling terrible, I suddenly realized I wrote "hart" instead of "hard", which is German for hard, and I slept even worse because I had to convince myself, that it would be incredibly stupid to get up just to change that ;-)
I had no trouble understanding what you wrote. I hope you'll be feeling better soon. I had the flu a couple weeks ago and was miserable.

I'm just looking for an English keyboard around here... '?' would be '[' (to the right of P), '?' would be ';' (to the right of L) and '?' would be ',' (more to the right of L). The German layout is similar. (The Swiss has in addition all the French stuff on it.)
There is no hurry for you to find the keyboard. It just looked like it would be fun for me to try the test in another language.

Mizmo

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
ihBseac75P9Gr.png

too much typos :/
I did it in german because in english it is even worse (<60 WPM) and it is closest to my native language.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
75wpm.JPG

I still type using the hunt n peck method. Actually, I've evolved to be able to just "peck" because my fingers have mostly memorized the key locations so I can just look at the screen, but I generally just use both thumbs, both pointer fingers, and occasionally my right middle. 75 is probably my bottle neck :/ I've been typing for something like 16 years though, not sure if it's possible to break the habit now.

EDIT:

I would be interested to see everyone's typing speeds from their Windows Phone - no need to download the app, their website works fine. Predictive text wouldn't work with the strangeness of the random letters on this site... although correcting its to it's saves time ;-) I took a screenshot from my phone (using UC Browser, not IE):

wp_ss_20130122_0001.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3