zune device replacement? non android or apple?

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I had the first Zune then later got the Zune hd. Well I gave my first one to my brother then my Zune hd was stolen! Well anyways I can't afford to pay the inflated prices of the Zune hd these days. So my question is, I do not like nor want a iPod or android music device. Yes I have a wp8 phone but I don't want to use it as my main music device. The battery for any phone will never hold up to the task to make it thru a day. I just really want a separate device. Its more sense for my life than to have my phone as everything. So knowing this, will there be or is there currently any touch devices that are at least comparable to the **** competition?

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I just bought a refurbed Zune HD, sure its banged up bit it still works! Nothing comparable imo unless you but a very low end wp7/8 for around 200 and put it on airplane low brightness and battery saver mode. Still will be trash as an mp3 imo.

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yea I just really miss my Zune hd. I've thought about a another side phone but an regular mp3 player is better for bike riding rollerblading working out what have you.... it'd be one thing if I could turn off the phone function for any duration of time I choose and if I got at least a week of battery life. Doesn't seem like that an option.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Inflated Zune HD prices? I paid $130 or so for a 16GB Zune HD on eBay in excellent condition a few months back and I thought that was pretty good. Anyway, I'm not aware of any more superior sole mp3 player... If you don't get any good leads on something else, I suggest eBay.

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I've checked Craigslist... crap there for the price people want.... and I can't see spending over a hundred on a device that is banged and scratched to ****. Maybe I've just caught eBay at wrong times I dunno. Even amazon is crazy with it.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
any non android or apple touch screen mp3 player is going to suck. you either need to go non touch, in which case a san disk sansa would be good, or get something running android or ios.

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yea I just didn't know if someone may know about one somewhere in this world. It really sucks that its just android or apple. And I won't support them. I guess I'll consider maybe a focus flash since its smaller or keep waiting waiting till I see a Zune hd I find that I could deal with.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Sandisk, while not touch, makes great mp3 players, in my opinion. They're really great. I'd say, take a look at one of these.

Although, I'm seeing some great prices on like new Zune HDs on craigslist (at least, in the Dallas area). I also see listings like this one on ebay: Microsoft Zune HD 32 Platinum 32 GB Digital Media MP3 Player 882224858144 | eBay. In other words, I think you should be able to find a suitable replacement.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Yea I just really miss my Zune hd. I've thought about a another side phone but an regular mp3 player is better for bike riding rollerblading working out what have you.... it'd be one thing if I could turn off the phone function for any duration of time I choose and if I got at least a week of battery life. Doesn't seem like that an option.

You could activate Airplane mode. That turns off WiFi, Celluar and Bluetooth. WiFi/Bluetooth can be turned on independently if you need them. However, I don't think that would net you a week's worth of battery.

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yea I'll have to look into more the SanDisk players. My main thing with the Zune hd was sound was great small form factor could play movies the radio for a break up of my music and when wanted a little internet surfing. But above all it was touch that had a smooth interface. I never was into the apps that we're for it. But it seems companies that are going touch are going android based. So I'll look into SanDisk for the simple mp3 part. Saddened by the selections that are out there though.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Yea I'll have to look into more the SanDisk players. My main thing with the Zune hd was sound was great small form factor could play movies the radio for a break up of my music and when wanted a little internet surfing. But above all it was touch that had a smooth interface. I never was into the apps that we're for it. But it seems companies that are going touch are going android based. So I'll look into SanDisk for the simple mp3 part. Saddened by the selections that are out there though.
I think the reason is that standalone MP3 players are on their way out. In fact I wouldn't be surprised to see Apple discontinue the iPod line in a few years. Convergence is killing single-use devices such as MP3 players and GPS units.

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I personally think its ******ed. But that's me. I just don't think batteries are we're they need to be to ex pmps out. I know I can't be the only one out here that prefers to have a separate mp3 player and then have the option on my phone as well. To me using my phone strictly for everything....... is like saying hey cassette tapes are the future man! Its obviously not. But I feel like one day we will be with out actual stereos too cause they'll say well hey you have a smartphone now right? ******* companies.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I personally think its ******ed. But that's me. I just don't think batteries are we're they need to be to ex pmps out. I know I can't be the only one out here that prefers to have a separate mp3 player and then have the option on my phone as well. To me using my phone strictly for everything....... is like saying hey cassette tapes are the future man! Its obviously not. But I feel like one day we will be with out actual stereos too cause they'll say well hey you have a smartphone now right? ******* companies.
I doubt if you are the only person interested in a single-use device; however, the trend is definitely moving toward multi-purpose devices. Consumers Want Multi-Function CE Devices - CE Pro Article from CE Pro

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Aha! But its not single use. �� its just compact and without the need for the phone part. I don't really want to be tracked everywhere in my life thru a cellular network. Sometimes I want to just disappear from the one device age.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3