Super Bowl XLVII - Who will win?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Did you guys know Ray Lewis's first career tackle was on Jim Harbaugh coach of the 49ers? Both the 49ers and Ravens have never lost a Superbowl! This week in 1845 Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" published. This week in 1848, gold was struck at Sutters Mill creating the 49er gold rush! SO MUCH SUPERSTITION IN THE AIR THIS SUPERBOWL!!!!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
On that subject, I thought the feds banned online gambling. All those sportbooks that ESPN list for their odds on the Super Bowl have online gambling available.
I saw an article on Gizmodo that tells how to get around the bans.

Disclaimer: I am not endorsing any illegal gambling.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I saw an article on Gizmodo that tells how to get around the bans.

Disclaimer: I am not endorsing any illegal gambling.

I don't think there's anything to get around on these any more. I think you just sign up and transfer money. ESPN gives out their website address and uses them for odds.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Awesome game indeed. As a neutral, I really enjoyed it. The way the 1st half was going, I thought the niners were going to get battered. But they fought back really well and I thought they were going to nick the game on that final drive in the red zone. Congrats to the Ravens.

On a side note: is it possible for a losing player to get Superbowl MVP? I personally thought Kaepernick was outstanding in the 2nd half and was instrumental in their fightback. He made plays throwing and running. Not to take anything away from Flacco, he played consistently well and made big plays himself, but it seemed the niners defense had a few busted plays. I don't recall too many bad plays by the Ravens defense.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Can't say I saw that one coming. Great game but where were the defenses? I really thought it was going to be a low scoring game with those two defensive units. I guess "Captain Comeback" has lost a step since becoming a coach. Those who saw Jim Harbaugh play will know what I mean.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Awesome game indeed. As a neutral, I really enjoyed it. The way the 1st half was going, I thought the niners were going to get battered. But they fought back really well and I thought they were going to nick the game on that final drive in the red zone. Congrats to the Ravens.

On a side note: is it possible for a losing player to get Superbowl MVP? I personally thought Kaepernick was outstanding in the 2nd half and was instrumental in their fightback. He made plays throwing and running. Not to take anything away from Flacco, he played consistently well and made big plays himself, but it seemed the niners defense had a few busted plays. I don't recall too many bad plays by the Ravens defense.

Ehhh coverage was getting sloppy by the Ravens in third quarter going into fourth... lol had me screaming at my tv

I don't know what the rules are for MVP but I don't recall ever seeing a losing team member receive that title. Idk

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
A lot of people are complaining that no defensive hold was called for the 49ers final play, but nobody is talking about how Kaperdick overthrew that ball. It was uncatchable.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
A lot of people are complaining that no defensive hold was called for the 49ers final play, but nobody is talking about how Kaperdick overthrew that ball. It was uncatchable.

I'm sure Ed Reed and Bryant McKinnie are not complaining about that call. I think either one of them would have killed the ref since it was that same exact play that cost them a repeat national championship while at the "U". Remember the Fiesta Bowl against Ohio State?

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Horrible super bowl saved by a black out. You can't make this stuff up.
Commercials sucked, half time show was awful.

Congrats Ravens, except for Ray Lewis, good riddance to him.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Why so much hate on Ray? He was proven innocent and not only set records in the NFL, but has done so much for his city and has been an inspiration for so many rising athletes! He's an incredible person and doesn't deserve all this hate!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786