Super Bowl XLVII - Who will win?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I am seeing the odds change a little bit. A couple of the odds makers now have the Ravens and 2.5 point, with the over.under at 47 points.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
A lot of good points brought up here making it harder to choose. But I think ultimately, the fact that I kept betting against the Ravens and they kept winning makes me think I should vote for them. Either way, as a neutral, I'm just hoping for an entertaining, high scoring, close match with big hits from two solid defenses and big plays from big play offenses. May the best team win

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I have also noticed an "anti-Ray Lewis" vibe starting to creep out from different media outlets. Anyone else notice that?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I have also noticed an "anti-Ray Lewis" vibe starting to creep out from different media outlets. Anyone else notice that?

I like Lewis as a player, but he talks too much about himself. All I ever hear in his interviews are "wah wah me me wah wah me me..." Damn good player though.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Just heard an interesting statistic on CNN: 1.3 billion chicken wings are needed for the Super Bowl weekend
2z6e2ad.gif

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
As a boy who was raised in North Fort Myers Florida, I adhere to a strict "dislike California" rule. Our Oranges are better then their oranges, our sunshine is better then their sunshine, our spring break in southern Florida trumps their ski season in the mountains, the Gulf+the Atlantic is way more awesome then the boring old Pacific by itself, and Disney World Whups Disney Land. Can't go for the 49ers.

Go Ravens!!!

Our girls are prettier, our Disney is better, our NBA team is better. We could go on and on. Having said that, both teams have members from the U's last national championship team (Reed, Gore) so the tiebreaker has to be that I'm from an AFC city so Ravens by 6 (20-14).

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I don't have a dog in this hunt. So I just want the score to match my squares so I can cash out.

On that subject, I thought the feds banned online gambling. All those sportbooks that ESPN list for their odds on the Super Bowl have online gambling available.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
On that subject, I thought the feds banned online gambling. All those sportbooks that ESPN list for their odds on the Super Bowl have online gambling available.

Please keep those sites away from my wife. It's all I can do to keep her from buying squares from anyone who asks.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Ravens. Ray Lewis is such a huge part of the team. In my head as well as the heads of many other Baltimore fans, the names "Ray Lewis" and "Baltimore Ravens" go hand in hand. Not only is he a major physical part of the team, but he is the soul and determination of the team too. I consider this Superbowl the most important game of Ray's life, hence, the most important game of the Baltimore Ravens franchise!

Ray Lewis is the biggest role model in my area, I've met him several times, heck I've played paintball with him a couple times, and he is such a warm hearted man who I couldn't say anything poorly of. He does so many charity events and does so much for the neighborhoods around here that I truly believe that he is the heart of Baltimore!

That being said, the Ravens are an incredibly passionate, emotional, and spiritual team, they will do anything and everything in their power to make sure that Ray Lewis goes out in the best way possible!

Call me cheesy, but I truly think that this mans life is such an incredible story. I can't see it ending any other way than a win!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte